How to upload to Photodex Tutorial

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

How to upload to Photodex Tutorial

Postby nannybear » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:48 am

Quick tutorial on how to upload your shows to the Photodex site -

http://www.featherstonesolutions.com/Vi ... pload.html

Cheers, have fun and look forward to seeing your shows, Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Valued Member

Re: How to upload to Photodex Tutorial

Postby Fongie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi!

I got my first slideshow uploaded to Photodex, per your tutorial. Thanks so much. Now, how do I get it to this forum under the PSP Sample Shows?

Thanks,
Yvonne

Postby nannybear » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Go to Photodex sharing and "BROWSE" your name, don't log in. Then just click the show and copy the URL address. Come to the forum and post that address in your post in the Sample Show section. thanks for this, I should revamp and add this info!!! hugs let me know when it is up.....Cheers Jan
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite

Valued Member

Postby Fongie » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:57 am

Hi Jan!

Thanks for your instructions. It was super easy to upload, especially since it was only a 2-minute show. I thought I should do a short one for my first one. I hope you enjoy it.

Aloha,
Yvonne

Postby Tucker's Mom » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 pm

Sorry...I know this is an old post but I will resurrect it because I am having problems uploading a .px file to Photodex. The instruction of the lady who started this post is what I am doing right now. I have also done going to the Photodex web site to upload my show. It is only a 4 minute show and it is taking forever to upload. My computer shows 7% Uploading dpuA1F2.px since 3:17 pm. It is now 4:02pm and it is still the same 7%. Does it really take that long to upload a single file?

A while ago when I tried to upload on the website it also did the same thing to me, so I deleted my file and started again and that was when I saw that i can actually upload a show from inside Producer 4.1. I started uploading from 3:17pm as I have already said...and so on and so forth.

Can someone here point me to the right direction as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks heaps and heaps!!

Izzie aka Tucker's Mom
Take care and be safe. If you can't be safe, at least be dangerous.
Bill and Izzie: Proud parents of a soldier.
A closed mouth gathers no feet...

Postby texan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Take a look at this thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13688
Texan

Postby debngar » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Postby Tucker's Mom on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:05 pm
Sorry...I know this is an old post but I will resurrect it because I am having problems uploading a .px file to Photodex. The instruction of the lady who started this post is what I am doing right now. I have also done going to the Photodex web site to upload my show. It is only a 4 minute show and it is taking forever to upload. My computer shows 7% Uploading dpuA1F2.px since 3:17 pm. It is now 4:02pm and it is still the same 7%. Does it really take that long to upload a single file?

A while ago when I tried to upload on the website it also did the same thing to me, so I deleted my file and started again and that was when I saw that i can actually upload a show from inside Producer 4.1. I started uploading from 3:17pm as I have already said...and so on and so forth.

Can someone here point me to the right direction as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks heaps and heaps!!

Izzie aka Tucker's Mom

texan wrote:Take a look at this thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13688

Texan,

That link has nothing to do with uploading a show to the Photodex site. It has to do with how to go about being able to post a show on the forum and starting a new thread to do that in the share shows forum areas.

--------------------------------------

Izzie,

Try checking to make sure every .exe program related to ProShow is "allowed" by your anti virus and fire wall software. Those are usually located under Programs/Photodex/ though the location of where you installed the program might be a bit different. I sometimes have to do this with Norton but haven't had to do that lately for some reason.

Also, if you're uploading via a wireless connection, try turning that off and uploading while hard wired to the internet directly by plugging the internet cable connection into your computer. I sometimes have trouble with my wireless router connection. It can be slow as a snail. But if i plug my connection directly into my laptop, it usually works much better.

If that doesn't work and you're also having trouble with other websites, check with your ISP to see if they are having any trouble with your connection. Beyond that, try calling Photodex and see if they have any further ideas.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:29 pm

You don't indicate just what kind of connection you have to "the internet" so it is tough to figure how fast it should upload. Also we need to see how big that file is you are trying to upload (included video clips can really blow up the size of a px file). I have never really trusted the scale on the bottom that tells you how big the file is. Simplest way to test is to go to the "create output" then select the "web show" - it will ask you for a location to put the file and will then create a filename.px file for you - that should be identical to what you are trying to upload to Photodex (and it is a handy way to get a local copy of the .px file to test). Let us know what size that file is and what kind of internet connection you have and we can go from there although it does sound like you have something strange going on. Have you ever uploaded to Photodex sharing before ?? Ain't technology wonderful ??? :evil:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Tucker's Mom » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Mikey and Deb...

Thanks for the advices. I will remember them that relates to laptop computers later on...I had not touched my laptop since last year. I am afraid it will just fall apart like dust by now having been in my airplane carry-on since then...

Anyway, I had been so frustrated this afternoon after two tries (you can gauge by now I have no patience at all... :lol: ) so I went shopping, had dinner and came up here awhile ago to try to load it again via my desktop. I had two successful uploads. Thank goodness!!! Don't know what happened this afternoon though... really strange...

My computer used to be an HP Desktop, Quad-core (bought last year) and conked on me early this year and HP do not want to give me support until I pay them because the warranty run off a week after a year. I was about to throw it out of the window when hubby thought better and we went out to the computer store and bought a 700 watts power supply and a new video card (1 GB). I also bought a new 2 TB harddrive to go with it...so now I am a happy camper. No more HP products for me from now on...

And my connection, Mikey ... is ADSL 3MB/second. the original .px file is only 83 MB and is only 4 min + long because it is part of a 20 minute show when I finished with it. My "bosses" wanted to see what I can do, so I did a presentation of the event we attended last weekend. I entitled it Chapter I. Keeping my fingers crossed that the "authorities" putting bread on my table will like it.

Thanks again...to answer another of your question, Mikey, I bought PSG ealier this year. After a week of using it, I decided I didn't like it much so I bought PSP and have been using it since. This is the first time I have ever uploaded something to Photodex. I am not shy on technology. I used to put my own computer together since hard disks were in 5 and a quarters...three 5 and a quarters were our operating system then...I also used to put together my kids' and their friends' computers. Now they think they are smarter than me...ain't kids wonderful???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Izzie.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:44 pm

OK, with ADSL, it shouldn't take that long to upload (although I think the speed you quoted was download speed - typically up and down are not the same speed). You must have some video in it for an 83 meg file for 4 minutes (my 2 minute intro that I was working on and used as a test is only 6 megs). One thing I would suggest doing in cases like this is start as simple as possible - makes it much easier to troubleshoot - create a simple show with 10 slides and a quick music track that is a minute long for example. Verify you can upload that then move on to the big stuff - it is too easy to introduce too many variables to be able to solve the problem. The trick with this sort of problem is to simplify it as much as possible before it breaks - it also makes it easier when you find an actual bug etc to be able to send a simple example to Photodex to show them how it breaks.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby nannybear » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Well sounds like it all worked out so that is good! I haven't done a show in so long or uploaded etc...I wouldn't be a lot of help anymore! Good thing there are lots of talented peeps on here...lol ;} hugs Jan

Postby Tucker's Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:38 am

Thanks, Mikey...as I had said, it took only a minute or so to upload the first file so I uploaded a second file. Peanuts! Tonight I might be able to upload another one. I need to finish all 4 chapters this weekend so I can go back to my own work-- archiving. Spring has been beautiful so far here in Missouri so I can do a lot of photography again -- up there in the sky. I am an aerial photographer by day so I have a lot of selected photos in my slides. The first chapter is like an introduction and the succeeding chapters really tells my story. Music is the dance that marry them all related slides together. I do have a video camera but I do not know how to operate it. :mrgreen: I use it as my paper weight. (One day I might learn how to use it... :oops: )

My first presentation have 24 slides, a few transistions, one music track, a few funny .wav files in between and 114 photographs. The second one has 51 slides and goodness knows how many photographs it has (I am scared to count anymore), a few quick sound effects, .wav sounds and two music tracks I had mixed and matched in between slides. I know I just had so much fun making those...

Thanks, Nannybear...I clicked your blog link and I saw your beautiful work...I too work on Photoshop CS4 but I have an Olympus camera for convenience and use a Nikon if I want to torture myself... :lol: One day I will make my life easier and just buy some slides and transistions from some people here instead of fighting with keyframing and modifiers as I go along...it was a very good learning experience with PSP so far...

Postby Tucker's Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:44 am

And before I forget, Debbie...I just clicked your webpage now and will get out of here to learn more from your site....

Thanks heaps -- guys and dolls...one day I might be able to help someone here too when I get good at this...

Izzie

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:14 am

I used to do some aerial photography some years ago. One of the really cool things about this digital stuff is the ability to go into Photoshop, set the white and black points for an aerial shot and really make the shot "pop" (aerial pictures tend to be very flat on contrast). Back in my day, I used Kodak High Contrast Copy - you had to nail the exposure exactly, but got great results if you did (I bought it in 100 foot rolls of 35mm - ASA 64 panchromatic).

So, do we get to see your show with the funny waves and cool aerial shots sometime ?? :D

mikey

Postby Tucker's Mom » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 am

Hmmm..that might be an interesting idea -- show my aeril work. I was just testing uploading a little chapter from my current assignment for Mercedes Benz of America I had been given the inspiration when I read their bloggies. I have a Photobucket account and though you can upload videos too, it can only accept 300 mb or less. YouTube I think is the same. Photodex seems to be the only resort so I decided to use that for review for some bosses so I do not have to surrender a DVD rough draft of my work. Then I heard many complaints (more like whinging...) that they cannot watch my rough draft at Photodex because they were asked if they wanted to install ActiveX. Oh welll..I can't win...

Mikey...digital shooting is now easier even up there...It is more fun when we go to fly-ins in Tennessee, Florida. the Republik of Kalifornic or Oshkosh. Sun N Fun was last week and I did not get to go because of work. Our next one will be in Tennessee. Hubby is a member of the board there so it is a need to go. I can take a lot of photos up from the air and down from the ground. Photoshopping is good, and with PSP, it will even be better...a

Gotta go back to bed now...it is near 4am...catchee up later...

Next

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks