Camera Flash /Click effect

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Camera Flash /Click effect

Postby dimi_arachi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:15 pm

I want to do the camera click / Flash effect and I have got the sound track for camera click.
How do I arrange the frames so as the sound comes the flash will go !!!
What slide times do you recommend?

Thanks,
Hi I am New

Re: Camera Flash /Click effect

Postby trulytango » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi

Take a look at this thread... don't concern yourself with the keyframing references in the 1st two posts - go straight to Brian's description (briancbb):

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5578&p=41035&hilit=camera+flash#p41035

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:45 am

There are certainly some people around with a better memory than I have :oops:

I would have started from scratch again, and probably come up with a different answer :roll:
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby gg0709 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Hello All,

I am using the "flying snapshots style 1" in Producer, 4.1 which has 3 pics flying appearing one after the other following a camera flash. I've been able to add the camera click sound to one of the layers, works great. How do I do the same to the other 2 layers w/the pics? This is the only pertinent topic I found; but I'm sorry, I just don't get it... ? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:13 am

Two methods come quick to me.

Use a sound editor, Audacity is free, and add the click three times after each other. The problem being here is to get the timing correct.

Second method would to be to add the click to three slides. The slide before the style, the style slide and the one after. (you can only attach one sound to a slide) Now press the TAB key so that the strip across the bottom goes into 'Timeline' view. Move the Timeline view to find the three slides, and you will find the three 'click' sounds as a red waveforms. Now hold down the CTRL key and these waveforms can be individually 'dragged' sideways to line up the sounds where you require them. The sound attached to the prior sound can be dragged right to be before, or after, the sound attached to the middle slide.

I would use this second method, I am a true believer in the 'Timeline' view rather than 'slidelist' view.
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby gg0709 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:15 am

Second method would to be to add the click to three slides. The slide before the style, the style slide and the one after. (you can only attach one sound to a slide) Now press the TAB key so that the strip across the bottom goes into 'Timeline' view. Move the Timeline view to find the three slides, and you will find the three 'click' sounds as a red waveforms. Now hold down the CTRL key and these waveforms can be individually 'dragged' sideways to line up the sounds where you require them. The sound attached to the prior sound can be dragged right to be before, or after, the sound attached to the middle slide.

Thanks for coming to my rescue, Brian... I don't understand "...The slide before the style, the style slide and the one after." -- I am working with one slide which has 1 layer for each pic (if this makes you grin in recognition of my "newbiness", it's OK, I'm trying real hard to catch up :) If layers = slides, I was able to specify sound for only one layer (the first pic that flies in). I hope this better explains?

BTW, my newbiness includes participating in forums like this one... Is it OK to reply to an "old" topic, or should I have posted a new topic?

Thanks much!

Postby gg0709 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:24 am

UPDATE... I am trying to delete the slide and start afresh, the slide is deleted but the sound moves to the next slide? AND, now the SOUN EFFECTS tab says there's "No Sound Selected" ??? This WAS NOT like this when I last saved the show, a few hrs ago!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks for coming to my rescue, Brian... I don't understand "

OK, hard to put into words sometimes :lol:

You have the slide with the 3 layers, one layer for each photo. Call this slide #2. I assume you have at least one slide before this and at least one slide after (be a short show if you didn't :D ). The slide before call this slide #1, and the slide after #3.

Now attach the click sound to slide #1, and the same click sound to slide #2 (with the three layers) and also to slide #3. If you now play this you will have a click sound far too early at slide #1, somewhere round about right at slide #2, and far too late at slide #3.

Now change the 'slidelist' view to 'timeline' view by pressing the TAB key. Find the three slide #1, #2 and #3. There should be three red waveforms, one at each slide #1, #2 and #3. Move the cursor over the red waveform at slide #1 and drag to the right and move the waveform over slide #2, likewise drag the red waveform at slide #3 to the left to be in slide #2. By making 'drag' adjustments to the three red waveforms you should be able to time the sounds to the flash, this is a bit trial and error, but relatively easy as the slide has a width proportional to the slide time.

Hope this clarifies the method a bit (by the way made an error in my first explaination, no need to use the CTRL key :oops: )
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby gg0709 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:19 pm

OK, a short siesta and one wine glass later, I restored the show to the prev backup, gave it another try, and this time everything made sense! Gosh, I must've been reeeeal tired last night. Thanks sooo much Brian!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:44 pm

You are very welcome.

I use the 'timeline' view, rather than 'slidelist' view most of the time. There is a visual indication of slide time, transitions between slide, and I find it easier to manipulate sound and synch to the beat.
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:57 am

http://dilyla.com/general3.htm

Have a look at Camera Focus in Dilyla's Designs.

Des

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks