Alternative color picker

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Alternative color picker

Postby Bighousedaddy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:29 am

Hello All;

I noticed on the wish list to PSP that a different color picker was asked for. As an alternative, I insert a color swatch into the last frame of my show... and then when I need it, I click on it so it's in the preview pane. From the preview pane I have an enlarged view and greater access to it.

Love and Peace
Kenn aka Bighousedaddy <><

Postby nannybear » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:47 am

What a great idea!!!!!! thanks for sharing, cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:46 am

That IS a great idea...except for one thing: have you noticed that the color picker never quite picks up the precise HEX values? For instance, if I have a color in one slide with the values of 129 151 168, and if I try to pick up that color for the next slide, the new color's HEX values might be 127 150 170. (I plucked those numbers out of nowhere and have no idea what color they'd produce.) So, using your method, as long as every matching color is chosen using your swatch slide, it should be fine. I find this color-picker behavior to be totally weird.

Barbara

Postby Bighousedaddy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:53 am

Barbara;
I also have a color swatch with hexdecimal codes along with the color that I use in some instances.
The example I had in the .jpg is just one color swatch I use in a pinch.
Love and Peace

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:59 am

I'm going to try doing this. I was sure there had to be an easier way other than typing in the same codes again and again. Just as long as I pick the color from the "color-picking" slide the first time out, everything should match, right?

Barbara

Postby Bighousedaddy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:02 am

That's the way I've been doing it.... Work every time.
It frustrated me to no end that as with other software programs you can pick a specific color but not in PSP....
Love and Peace

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:06 am

Bighousedaddy wrote:It frustrated me to no end that as with other software programs you can pick a specific color but not in PSP....

Photoshop is always right on the money for me, but if we think about it, that's what Photoshop is all about. ProShow is all about what we do with the things we've already developed in Photoshop. That said, I still wish Producer was a little more accurate with color, particularly since we often have to very carefully match colors for blending or continuity.

Barbara

Postby Bighousedaddy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:21 am

Here is the coloor swatch with hexidecimal codes.
If you can't see what you want in the preview window....
go to motions and move the swatch around until you see what you want.
Then proceed as before.

Love and Peace

Postby Bighousedaddy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 am

I should also say that the color swatch you are seeing is a jpg
and it has a lot of trash in the photo so if anyone wants a bmp copy of it let me know.
Love and Peace

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:32 am

I think I'm going to make my own version of what you have here. I tend toward muted tones for nearly everything, and I can quickly make up a chart in Photoshop. Thank you so much for sharing this trick of yours.

Barbara

Valued Member

Postby Osgood » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:56 am

Thanks for the great tip Bighousedaddy,

There is a great set of nine pages of colour swatches at http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Lindsay/swatch0.html

They are arranged in tones and have hex values. I have screen captured them and will combine them into two separate image files so that I can add them to a show in two separate slides for colour picking. There are so many that I think that each colour will be too small if they go into one page.

Ormond.
"Don't try to teach pigs to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig."

Osgood.

Postby nannybear » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:19 pm

http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks