The third image

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
fotojensen

The third image

Postby fotojensen » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:02 am

Hello

I have one easy question.
This is what i one to do.
Let say that you have to images, then you want the third images to come up
in the background in the transition between those to images.
I just want the third images to make a new picture combining all tree images.
And then disappear, this should be possibel, but i have not figured this out yet.
Must be a layer some way?

Some one that have some sugeation?

KJ

Re: The third image

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:32 pm

I'm having a tough time understanding what you wrote. But, this is the gist of what I get. You have two images on the screen separated by a certain amount of spacing. A third image is going to appear and "fade" into the two images which are already being displayed ... leaving, as a result, a single image composed of all three. If that's what you want, this is how I'd make it appear to do what you want...

The simplest way I can think of is to start with a single image that you break into three pieces in a photo editing program (Photopaint, Photoshop, PS Elements, PS Pro...). The two outside pieces will be the two you display in the show and the third you'll "stitch" into those two.

I'd say you'll start with 4 layers. The two images being displayed first will be in layers 3 and 4. The image that'll merge into the middle of the first two images will be in layer 1 and the original, full-sized image will be in layer 2.

As layer 1 comes into the picture you'll start moving layers 3 and 4 to the outer edges of the screen to increase the spacing between them to fit in layer 1. As layers 3 and 4 reach their designated positions you should fade in layer 2. As layer 3 reaches it's final position I'd fade it out. That leaves only layer 2 being displayed. If you do it right it'll look like layer 1 merged with layers 3 and 4 (the original displayed images).

This means that you'll have to do a bunch of tight keyframing. Shouldn't two difficult to do ... just time to get it right.

Was this what you were looking for?

Dale

fotojensen wrote:Hello

I have one easy question.
This is what i one to do.
Let say that you have to images, then you want the third images to come up
in the background in the transition between those to images.
I just want the third images to make a new picture combining all tree images.
And then disappear, this should be possibel, but i have not figured this out yet.
Must be a layer some way?

Some one that have some sugeation?

KJ
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

fotojensen

Postby fotojensen » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:02 am

Hello, sorry about my bad English.
Ore my bad explaining, the thing is that producer only have one line with pictures.
On that line the images fades in and out of each other.
If there was another line with pictures under the first, then it would be possible
to put a image right in the crossing of the pictures on the first line.
I hope you understand what i want, in the time we used slides we often used tree
machines to get that third images.
I found out that with the key frame it is possible to make some thing like this.
But i am not satisfied with that.

KJ

Postby im42n8 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:11 am

Producer allows multiple layers with 1 "image" per layer, just like most photo editing software. This layer is can be move about anywhere in it's "space" (on or off screen). Multiple layers can be positioned in the same location... differing only in their layer order (i.e., layer 1, layer 2, layer 3, etc) -- which determines which layer is visible over the others (top most is seen is all images are the same size and stacked one on top of the other). So, if the images in layers 1 and 2 are the same size and position, layer 1 is visible and layer 2 is hidden. Fade layer 1 out and layer 2 becomes visible.

I don't understand "...one line with pictures" nor what a "tree machine" (is this "three machines?") is to get a third image! So, pardon my limited understanding if you would! If I'm preaching to the choir (stating what you already know), then please forgive me!

With Producer, and a little finesse (and help with another program), you can (give the appearance of being able to) "merge" the images as given in the previous message. Now, if you're trying to merge three dissimilar images, then you're going to have to do a variation on what I gave in the previous message and it still requires a photo editing software of some type. Or, you'll have to make the image merging feat in a video making program ... ..

PSP does not have morph capabilities nor any merge capabilities. It can't do any graphics editing of any type. It can manipulate color, x- and y- coordinates, image size (width and length), and transparency. It can't do a heck of a lot else.

So, based on my limited understanding, if you want to merge three layers (images) together, then you need to trick the viewer into thinking you have by a method similar that described in the earlier message. Graphically speaking, I don't know how else you can do that within PSP.

I don't know ... does this help? If not, sorry, I tried. Good luck!!!

Dale

fotojensen wrote:Hello, sorry about my bad English.
Ore my bad explaining, the thing is that producer only have one line with pictures.
On that line the images fades in and out of each other.
If there was another line with pictures under the first, then it would be possible
to put a image right in the crossing of the pictures on the first line.
I hope you understand what i want, in the time we used slides we often used tree
machines to get that third images.
I found out that with the key frame it is possible to make some thing like this.
But i am not satisfied with that.

KJ

Postby debngar » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:18 am

I don't know for sure if I understand this either. But I would think you should be able to do something like this in Producer with gradient masks over each image. You may have to have the two images move aside for the third one to appear but think it might be able to be done all in Producer. This means moving the masks at the same time of course. Or just do the two images on one slide and have the three introduced on the next slide with a soft wipe from center to the outside on the next.

I don't think I have much time to help you on this one until next week - sorry.

Debbie

Postby rovaval » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:51 pm

English is not my first language too, but I think that FOTOJENSEN with "one line of pictures" means a video track as in Premiere, where you have the possibility to work with more than one video track.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks