How to remove layers from Several Slides ??

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

How to remove layers from Several Slides ??

Postby wilddove » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:31 am

Good Morning folks!
Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to "REMOVE" layers from all slides (the same as you can "COPY TO" to put that same layer on many slides?
Example: I had made a slideshow with a background that consisted of three layers and a mask........created it on one slide and then copied it to all others. Now I have changed my mind and want a completely different background - so I need to remove those 4 layers from every slide.....
Short of going to each and every slide and deleteing the layers, is there a quicker, easier way to "Remove" Layers?

Thanks for your help!

Deb

Postby nannybear » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:28 am

Not much help but did you try right clicking and see if there is a menu that says delete from all layers.....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby wilddove » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:54 am

Hey Nannybear ....no, the right click gives the option to remove the layer - but does not go any further than removing the layer from that slide.

Something I did discover, I added the new layer to all the slides and since it is the topmost layer - it hid the unwanted lower layers.

This will, of course, work ..... except I am pretty ...what's the word? ...anal? - and I will HAVE to remove those unwanted layers or it will drive me crazy!! LOL

Deb

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:10 am

without playing with it, I can't give the exact details, but if you look at
the psh file (showname.psh) with a text editor, you can see the definitions
for each layer (it is just a text file). Some fairly simple editing (make a
backup copy first !!) should allow you to remove specified layers I would
think. On the other hand, it might get confused if layer[1] was no longer
between layer[0] and layer[2] ( if I remember correctly, it is specified along
the lines of cell[3].layer[2] or something like that where the cell[?] is the
slide number offset by 1. I'm not near my computer right now, so I can't
play with it, but if you make a test copy and experiment, you should be
able to see what you can do.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

SuperFreak

Re: How to remove layers from Several Slides ??

Postby SuperFreak » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:56 am

wilddove wrote:Good Morning folks!
Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to "REMOVE" layers from all slides (the same as you can "COPY TO" to put that same layer on many slides?
Example: I had made a slideshow with a background that consisted of three layers and a mask........created it on one slide and then copied it to all others. Now I have changed my mind and want a completely different background - so I need to remove those 4 layers from every slide.....
Short of going to each and every slide and deleteing the layers, is there a quicker, easier way to "Remove" Layers?

Thanks for your help!

Deb

That's my problem too. I want to have an option where I can delete several layers from all the slides at the same time. I almost can't believe it's not possible in a convenient, user friendly way. :(

digimalt

Postby digimalt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:23 am

Hi,
I also came across this problem. My 'dirty fix' was to knock the 'Opacity' slider for the layer all the way down to zero then copy that setting to all 'Layer 1's in every slide. I know it's not perfect but it did the trick for me on this occasion.

digimalt

Valued Member

Postby Pat » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:29 am

This is kind of late, but perhaps relevant none the less. I discovered today that if you display your layers in layer settings, and untick the checkbox (enable - disable layer??) on the right hand side of the layer you want to remove in the list of layers , that will in effect hide that layer. You can then right click and choose "copy|copy settings" and select "enable" under "Settings to Copy|General". In the Destination Layers window on the right hand side, select Layer in the Order By and then choose which layer it is you want to copy this"enable - disable" setting to. this will hide that particular layer in each slide.

keyur

Postby keyur » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 am

I had the same issue happen, and I created an Autohotkey macro to delete the layers from each slide.

Let me know if you would like to see the code I wrote for it.

Thanks.

keyur

Postby keyur » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:57 am

Hello,

please note, this is based on my monitor, 1280 x 1024 screen resolution. and my slide options menu is almost maximized.

i used the script recorder in autohotkey to create this, so if the pixel coordinates in my script do not work for you, you can run the script recorder to test in combination with the window spy. you can use this script as a guideline and modify as necessary. this is only set to work for producer, not gold

Here is the autohotkey script I am using.

Code: Select all
   WinWait, ProShow Producer,
   IfWinNotActive, ProShow Producer, , WinActivate, ProShow Producer,
   WinWaitActive, ProShow Producer,

;--change number in line below to control how many slides to modify--
Loop, 1
{
   Sleep, 1000
   Send, {CTRLDOWN}{ENTER}{CTRLUP} ;bring up slide options
   WinWait, Slide Options,
   IfWinNotActive, Slide Options, , WinActivate, Slide Options,
   WinWaitActive, Slide Options,
   MouseClick, right,  486,  44  ;bring up slide tab on top
   Sleep, 1000
   MouseClick, right,  840, 580  ; right click on first layer
   Sleep, 1000
   MouseClick, left, 950, 855 ; click on 'Remove' in menu
   Sleep, 1000
   MouseClick, left,  1140,  862 ; click on 'Remove Layer' in menu
   Sleep, 1000
   MouseClick, left,  1160,  969  ; click 'OK'
   Sleep, 1000
   Send, {RIGHT}  ; go to next slide
}

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have questions.

Keyur

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks