Can shows only be viewed in PRESENTER ?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Can shows only be viewed in PRESENTER ?

Postby HunnyB » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Can shows be saved in a format that Real Player or W. Media can play them???
I tried Brian's tip. I am still having problems viewing the shows in Presenter.
HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:31 pm

Sure, ProShow has a number of output formats that you might use. If it's destined for a computer you can use the executable (EXE) format, or one of several video file formats including an AVI which can be played in Media Player. Just select the output icon and pick the file format.

If that's not enough, just say so and we'll get you even more details.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Hey

Postby HunnyB » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:37 pm

Dick,
Can I view the shows on the Photodex website on my computer like that????

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:40 pm

Nope, didn't understand your question that way. A show that's uploaded to the ProShow site can only be viewed in Presenter. Shows can exist in other output formats and could be hosted on a website in other formats, but ProShow's site requires Presenter.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

lucylucy

Output

Postby lucylucy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:26 am

Hi Dick,

"Just select the output icon and pick the file format" This is what you advised HunnyB. Will you list for me the steps to do this? I see the Executable icon but where do I go from there, if that is even where I start.

Thanks for your patience.

Lucy

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:16 am

Can shows be saved in a format that Real Player or W. Media can play them???
I tried Brian's tip. I am still having problems viewing the shows in Presenter.
HunnyB

I believe what you are saying is, you have downloaded and saved the .px file from the Photodex site, can you save it in any other format other than .px?

I do not know of a program that will convert .px to another format playable in RP or WM. (Now you have set me a challange, and I will have to play :D ). The file will have to be played with Presenter. Do you have a problem with this, that we may be able to help?

Brian

lucylucy

Viewing Shows

Postby lucylucy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:37 am

Let me guess:

After creating SlideShow

1. Click on "CREATE" icon
2. Click on Video File
3. When Create Video window opens, at TYPE choose AVI
4. Click Create

(You will need to remember where you placed the AVI file) This will show on Windows Media Player and Windows Movie Maker.

Lucy

Honorary ProShow PHD

Viewing Shows

Postby DanDan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:39 am

Actually "Hunny's" question is about "Is there a way to view shows from the Photdex website in a program other than Presenter". I do not know of any other program that will play a .px file which is what those shows would be. Some people have fewer problems viewing though if they save those shows to desktop or to a folder (after fully downloaded). Here is a link where Brian recently reposted Mikey's instructions on how to do that. The show is still being played in Presenter, not another program. If you are having trouble viewing on line, this is an excelent way to view and also view again later, because the show is on your computer, not on the web. You do not even need to be connected to the internet to view.
Here's the link: http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... ikey#23962

_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

jondavis

Re:

Postby jondavis » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:18 pm

briancbb wrote:I do not know of a program that will convert .px to another format playable in RP or WM. (Now you have set me a challange, and I will have to play :D ). The file will have to be played with Presenter. Do you have a problem with this, that we may be able to help?
Brian

I downloaded a px file and I also would like to convert the file so we can burn it on a DVD.
The presentation is for a funeral, the link to the video went through a few people before it got to me.
I was able to download the file but as a px file and I don't have any way of putting it on a DVD.
It will be fine to play the file using Presenter but there are some who want it on DVD to show others.

So is there a way to convert the file?
Or do I have to get ProShow Gold to burn it on DVD?
Will the trial version let me do this?
Gold will open the px file right?

Thank you for any help.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Can shows only be viewed in PRESENTER ?

Postby hardsoftware » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Not to get off subject but its nice to see you posting here again Double Dan, Dan x 2, DanDan! Long time no see 8)

DanDan, the link you posted for some reason didn't go anywhere.

Ben

EDIT: Yep, I just noticed the date :oops: :oops: :oops:
Did I say I was :oops: :oops: :oops: Yes I am :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by hardsoftware on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

jondavis

Re: Can shows only be viewed in PRESENTER ?

Postby jondavis » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:28 pm

I must of replied to an old thread.
Looks like this was back in 2006.
When I searched for converting files this is the thread I found so I just replied to that.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks