Adding time to a slide with KF

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Adding time to a slide with KF

Postby iromero » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Hello All,

I know this has been posted in here before but I just can't find it. I have a slide with 19 layers. Basically it is the side by side matte with photos fading in and out of each side. I need to add 3 or 4 seconds to the end of the slide so that the very last pictures are in view for a reasonable amount of time. I believe that if i just increase the slide length, that it will simply reallocate the kf across that time. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to do this. This project has become a career and I am trying to finish it segment by segment to feel some sense of accomplishment. This is the last piece I need to fix for this segment to be complete.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ivan

Postby nannybear » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:13 pm

Ivan, I am swamped but the Vidqueen, who is swamped as well is the keyframe queen.... you might want to check out her tutorial at choicebackgrounds. Would be a great reference!!! cheers Nan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby iromero » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:36 pm

Yep... I was headed that way. I was probably going to by the tutorial dvd anyway.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ivan

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:43 pm

http://www.itsmygallery.com/ProShow/vie ... php?t=3221

The first post in this topic link above shows how to do this.

Ben

Postby iromero » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:07 pm

Fantastic!!! It was exactly what was needed. I had to play around with the keyframe duration on the other photo that was displaying at the same time but it worked. Thank you so much....

Ivan

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue May 01, 2007 12:15 am

Ivan

As an aside to your problem, that has been answered.

If as you say the slide is very repetative in its action, 19 layers of side by side fades, it is very much easier to split this over say four slides. Once one slide with four layers has been finished, copy this to the next and following slides and change the pictures on the layers. This is a much quicker way to work and easier to change. (Set the fade time between slides to the same as the KF fade).

KF's don't have to be used, just because they are there. I reserve KF's to where the actions have to be on one slide to give the effect.

Brian

Postby iromero » Tue May 01, 2007 2:09 am

Great tip Brian. I actually did this with some of the templates that have been posted on the site. This particular slide I created myself and it didn't dawn on me to use the same method. I will keep this in mind for future reference.

Thanks,
Ivan

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks