Can you insert the content of another show into a new one?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
MrsGrowle

Can you insert the content of another show into a new one?

Postby MrsGrowle » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:06 am

I have a small collection of pics I want to use with a certain song. I would like to make this little grouping a complete" chunK' if you will to insert into a larger show that I will complete much later. This would be less than 30 secs to a minute of stuff.
I don't understand the difference in a psh and a project? If I create this how do I save it so that later I can insert it into the larger slideshow it will be going into.

Does this make senes? I tried inserting a psh before and it says only a valid file can be inserted....Ironic that only PSP will use psh's ...

Is this possible to even do??

thank you

callie

Ladybug

Postby Ladybug » Wed May 02, 2007 2:58 am

Hi there!

Yes! Make your first show, save it give it a name. Make your next show 'section'. Go to Project>add show. Box will come up that says "want to create a new project? Click yes. That will give you a 'tab' at the top of your existing show. Then just add the show 'section' that you want. Copy the portion that you want and past it into the new show. You can them 'remove show' or close file of the show that you copied from....just to save processing time. You now have a 'project' with a show and then the portion of the other show. You can now save that as a 'show' or you can save it as a project. I keep all of the 'shows' in pieces because I like to have a menu choice for each section. Like in Weddings... I have an 'intro', then maybe 'early years' then 'dating', engagement, wedding, etc. I do them all as separate 'shows'. Then when people want to watch it again, they can skip around to the parts they want, but the whole thing will play as one piece and you can loop it to keep playing through an event. CAUTION: MUSIC WILL NOT COPY. You will have to insert the music track into the show when you copy and paste into the new show. You just make note of the edits, fades, starts and stops.

Is that clear as mud? :wink:

Jen (Vidqueen) has a free tutorial on her website (www.choicebackgrounds.com) that you can download that includes as part of it, an explanation. I thinks it's called "Adding a Template to a show". You might want to check out her other stuff as well, several great tutorials and now her PSP 3.0 tutorial.

Hope this helps!

Welcome and good luck.

Happy Producing! :lol:
Ladybug

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks