Sliding masks

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Sliding masks

Postby Adda » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:32 am

Hi to all!

Made a new demo with the possibilities of sliding masks.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=127550

Download the project:
www.dfotos.de/downloads/slidingmasks.zip

With best regards
Andreas

PS: I have to reduce the of the picture size and quality because of the traffic.

Last edited by Adda on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Postby marmart » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:32 am

Andreas! How much fun you must be having! You are the master of masking. Thank you for once again showing us the possibilities available. I look forward to the next gem!

Peace,

Mary

mightec

Postby mightec » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:12 am

Andreas
I agree with Mary, you must be having fun, but behind it all you have real talent. I truly enjoyed your demo it was most spectacular. Can you use the mask for a 16:9 wide screen presentation or does it require a new mask? If so would you make one please.

DPOP

Thank you, Andreas

Postby DPOP » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:22 am

Very impressed. Now, I have to study it to figure out what you did and how you did it. I appreciate your talent and your willingness to share your skills. Thank you.

Dan

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:44 am

Like Dan says -- very impressed - now I have to study it and
figure out what you did. Some were obvious how they worked,
but others are going to require some head scratching. Thanks
for the show and the info !!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:14 am

Andreas, what a wonderful example of what can be done with masking. I had not had a chance to explore this feature, but with your generosity of sharing your file, I was able to understand how masking works. Thank you so much for sharing your file.

Kelly

Postby Adda » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:53 am

mightec wrote:Andreas
I agree with Mary, you must be having fun, but behind it all you have real talent. I truly enjoyed your demo it was most spectacular. Can you use the mask for a 16:9 wide screen presentation or does it require a new mask? If so would you make one please.

Yes, I Think, You can use the demos also for a 16:9 wide screen presentation, change only the ratio in show options.

With best regards

Andreas

Postby pianopipeman » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:35 am

Hi Andrea (plus Cherished Members and fellow lurkers)

Thanks for sharing this technique - it's brilliant!

How I wish I had your expertise and imagination!

Regards
Ken

Honorary ProShow PHD

To the top in Masking!

Postby DanDan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:47 am

Hi Andreas,
I too am very impressed, and I am so behind to trying to follow your lead. What wonderful masking you are doing, and so sharing too. I for one appreciate all the help. You are cranking them out faster than I can comprehend, ha! this one does make me think of one I have been wanting to do, but just have not had time to explore enough. I've been wanting to create a magnifer. I see you have done some of that here. What I had in mind is like a magnifying glass, that as it goes over the photograph, it magnifys that portion as it passes over. I think if I study this one long enough (and I see you have kindly included the project files here as well), I might be able to achieve that effect.
Thank you so much for your inspiration!
Your new friend and admirer,
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:24 pm

Dan, your mangnifying glass has been done. Saw it in that other forum on Yahoo. It worked exactly as you described! Here is the link I think for the demo.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 0634&alb=0

Ben

EDIT: I believe Dale G, the one that does all the tutorials, created the original Magnifying glass mask in Photoshop and has a tutorial on how to do this, and then another gentlemen in the Yahoo Producer forum created the movemnt and the above link is the result.

Tutorial on the Manifying Glass??

Postby texan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Wow the magnifying glass show is impressive.............that link you (Hardsoftware) provided takes you to a photodex sharing site that has 87 shows on it.......................I called Photodex to see if I could download any of them, but was told NO...............................

If you know how to point us to a template or a tutorial on the manifying glass it would be much appreciated
Texan

PS: Yahoo Forum???

Postby texan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:26 pm

Is there another PSP forum on Yahoo???

If so URL please!!!!

Thanks in advance
Texan

Postby nannybear » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:39 pm

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/proshowgroup/

There you go Texan, it is the Yahoo Forum for Photodex. Cheers Nanny
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

TracyM

Re: PS: Yahoo Forum???

Postby TracyM » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:39 pm

texan wrote:Is there another PSP forum on Yahoo???

If so URL please!!!!

Thanks in advance

I'd like to know the answer to this question too!

Honorary ProShow PHD

My Apologies to Andreas

Postby DanDan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:45 pm

This is her thread, but I had to respond to Ben!
.....What!.... I still did not have an original idea! :lol: "Good Grief! ....But,... terrific! Yes! That's what I want to do! And, it looks so smooth too! Very nice, thanks Ben! I looked at the Yahoo group actually before I found this forum. It was ok', but I could not deal with the endless email, and I couldn't stop it, (or could not figure out how to stop) so I stopped my membership. Is there a tutorial over there too? Thanks for providing a link for the demo. I do not plan on going back to the Yahoo group, my family is here!
Thanks,
Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

Next

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks