Basics About KFs

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
DPOP

Basics About KFs

Postby DPOP » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:27 am

This is some very basic information about KFs, but since there are users from all levels, I suspect there are some who will find the information helpful.

1. Slide Time - I start out with 10 to 16 seconds, and add time later if needed.
2. Work in phases - Determine what you want to do with the slide and then break it down into phases. Complete phase one for all layers before advancing to the next phase.
3. Adding or Removing time from slide: Place mouse on second to last KF; right click and when the box appears, click on "Add/Remove Time." If you want to add time, put in a positive number. If you want to remove time, put in a negative number. If you do this on the last KF, it will add or remove time from the transition.
4. Pay attention to the Auto and Manual settings. Tarafrost has some good suggestions. Let's say that you decide to rotate your photo between KF5 and KF6. You will need to go back and set all the previous settings to manual, otherwise PSP will begin incrementally rotating the photo beginning with KF 1. That's fine if your intention is to do that, but if you only want the movement to occur between KF5 and KF6, you will need to set the KFs before and after to manual.

Just basic stuff, but hopefully it will help someone.

Dan

jotafl

Postby jotafl » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks Dan, it helped me.

DPOP

Postby DPOP » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:43 pm

Glad it helped. Sometimes we assume that everyone knows what we know, but there new people being added to the forum everyday, and I'm sure they would be happy if each of us would share a few of the things we have learned the hard way. Thank you for responding.

Dan

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks