Rotating Wheel, or Rolling Ball?????

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Rotating Wheel, or Rolling Ball?????

Postby texan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:06 am

Hi: (Newbie Here)

Can anyone point me toward a tutorial that explains how to get the effect of rotating wheels, and/or a rolling ball?

I've seen the effect in the Photodex Intro Show, and others have used it......................It's impressive as hell, but
the process is "beyond me".....................???

Any help would be greatly appreciated..................

Thanks in advance
Texan

Honorary ProShow PHD

Rolling Ball

Postby DanDan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:41 am

Hey Tex,
First start with a round object (or whatever) in a PNG format. You can use anything really even if you have a gif or jpeg. Just pull the image up in your image editor. I use Paint Shop, and Photoshop elements. Make the part of the picture you don't want to see transparent and save as a png file type. If you already have a png that you want to use, just drop it into the slide that you want. Resize as necessary, usually make smaller by zooming out. Put it into your begining postion in the left screen, put in in the ending postion in the right screen. If you want you can add key frames to say maybe make the ball bounce. If you add two or three key frames you can have it make arcs or curves, not just straight lines. If it is a ball or a wheel be sure to adjust rotation and add a shadow for a somewhat realistic effect. You do not want to add an outline because the outline will be to your image overall which will be the otherwise transparent area.
Let us know how you do, or if you have more questions post back.
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

ROTATING OBJECT!! ?????

Postby texan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:36 am

Dan:

What you describe above would make the round object "move" from LEFT (Beginning) to RIGHT (End)

WHAT will make it ROTATE???
Texan

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:41 am

Use the ROTATE selection within the slide options window.

Ben

Ug!! I got It!!!

Postby texan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:39 am

I just NEVER saw the rotate selection until you mentioned it....................................it works

Than you both for the feedback
Texan

Postby nannybear » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:22 pm

oh oh there is another devil in town??????? Did you get what you need or have you seen other stuff you want to talk about..... :wink: Cheers Nanny

ps I actually have that little guy tatooed on my arm......
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Rotating Objects SOLVED

Postby texan » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:37 am

Yes, I got the education I needed..................PSP requires lots of practice to be come really proficient..............

This forum is worth its weight in gold..............

Thanks to all for your help and knowlege sharing
Texan

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks