Key Framing Question

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
restroud

Key Framing Question

Postby restroud » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:40 am

I think there may have been comments on this question before, but I cannot find them now. My question is about adding time to the length of a slide without affecting the manual settings of key frames. What seems to happen to me is that increasing the time of a slide adds a proportional amount of time to each key frame even though all settings are manual.

For example, suppose I have a 4 second slide with 3 keyframes--start, midpoint (2 seconds), end. I want to add 1 second to the slide so it will be 5 seconxs. I want the midpoint keyframe to remain at 2 seconds. What seems to happen to me is that the midpoint keyframe will adjust its timing to something like 2.5 seconds, requiring me to reset its timing to 2 seconds.

Does anyone know how to change the time of a slide without affecting the settings of the keyframes? I've tried the add time choice for the last keyframe, but this seems to add the time to the transition time, not the slide time.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

DPOP

Re: Key Framing Question

Postby DPOP » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:56 am

restroud wrote:I think there may have been comments on this question before, but I cannot find them now. My question is about adding time to the length of a slide without affecting the manual settings of key frames. What seems to happen to me is that increasing the time of a slide adds a proportional amount of time to each key frame even though all settings are manual.

For example, suppose I have a 4 second slide with 3 keyframes--start, midpoint (2 seconds), end. I want to add 1 second to the slide so it will be 5 seconxs. I want the midpoint keyframe to remain at 2 seconds. What seems to happen to me is that the midpoint keyframe will adjust its timing to something like 2.5 seconds, requiring me to reset its timing to 2 seconds.

Does anyone know how to change the time of a slide without affecting the settings of the keyframes? I've tried the add time choice for the last keyframe, but this seems to add the time to the transition time, not the slide time.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Bob, you can add time to your slide by going to your second to last KF - right click - select add/remove time. If you want to add time, just put in a positive number. If you want to remove time, put in a negative number. If you do this on the very last KF, you will add time to your transition. Hope this helps.

Dan

restroud

Key Framing Question

Postby restroud » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:49 pm

Dan, thanks for your suggestion. I'll give that a try, and hopefully that will solve my problems. By the way, I'm finally getting fairly comfortable with kf's--just seems to take a fair amount of trial and error, but once that is past, it seems a lot simpler and they surely offer a lot of flexibility that previously simply required a large number of slides to accomplish. Again, thanks.

Bob

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks