Mulitple Photos in a Mask Tutorial

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Valued Member

Postby jetfanroy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:24 am

Thanks Jenn:
I'll check on the Photodex site!!

Roy

andy

Re: Vidqueen's Tutorial Folder

Postby andy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:31 am

vidqueen wrote:Thanks, Roy:)
If you go to the photodex website and search for my member name, "Vidqueen", I have all my tutorial in one folder.
I'm planning some DVDs that go into more detail. The file sizes of those make it impractical to upload.

Jennifer

A big thank you from me tooooooo
andy

Postby mrkitzel » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:09 pm

Jennifer,

Many thanks for posting this and your other tutorials. Very helpful and inspiring to those of us new to PSPro.

Thanks again.

Mr Kitzel.

norinev

Postby norinev » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Great job Jennifer.
Thanks for all of your hard work.
Norine

jotafl

Postby jotafl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:52 am

WOW, excellent tutorial, thank you so much. Quick question, how can you d/l the .exe file, therefore you can follow and do it at your own pace?

Thanks again.

Edited: Disregard the question, I found the answer, now I have the show in my hard drive so I can follow along. Thanks again for the tutorial.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:23 am

jotafl

Welcome to the forum

The file you save is actually the *.px file, which opens and plays in Presenter. Here's how to do it.

Saving a show. (This assumes an XP Operating System)
Click on the link so that Presenter opens and the show starts to download.
Allow the show to completely finish downloading, you can play the show if you wish as one method to check you have a full download. DO NOT CLOSE PRESENTER
Navigate toC:\Documents and Settings\'Your user name'\Local Settings\Temp
Amongst the files here will be one named psgx.tmp (where x is a number or letter)
Highlight this file (blue background)
In 'File and Folder tasks' select 'Copy this File'.
This will open a window 'Copy Items', select where you want to copy it and click OK.
Now find where you copied this file to and rename as 'anythingyouwant.px'
You will now have a saved px file which when clicked on will open Presenter and play the file.

Hope you fillow this. You must leave Presenter open until you have copied the file as closing presenter deletes the file. You can't right click on the file and choose 'Copy' as it will say the file is 'In use'.

Brian

Valued Member

Postby Osgood » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:00 pm

briancbb wrote:You must leave Presenter open until you have copied the file as closing presenter deletes the file. You can't right click on the file and choose 'Copy' as it will say the file is 'In use'.
Brian

I use right click successfully every time I save a show that way. Don't know why it wouldn't work for you!
"Don't try to teach pigs to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pig."

Osgood.

andy

to briancbb

Postby andy » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:21 pm

briancbb wrote:jotafl

Welcome to the forum.......... leave Presenter open until you have copied the file as closing presenter deletes the file. You can't right click on the file and choose 'Copy' as it will say the file is 'In use'.
Brian

Hi Brian,
Osgood is right, ‘copy works every time :!:
I think you meant to say that one can not, (by right clicking) select to ‘move’ the file as it actively stays open until it self deletes, (as you mentioned) on closing presenter.

By the way Brian I would like to tell you that I have learnt so much from reading your posting over the past few months…….so thank you for that, and keep the good advice/tips coming. :)
andy

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Thanks Osgood and Andy

It was some time back that I tried this, maybe I was trying to 'move' it rather than 'copy'. Memory gets rather rusty at my age.

I don't know why but anumber of posters on this forum say the same thing, if I remember correctly. :D

Brian

jotafl

Postby jotafl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Thanks to all, I did save the file and it works great. No I can save all the goodie tutorials out there. How exciting. :D

Previous

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks