Good vs. Bad Layouts

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Good vs. Bad Layouts

Postby VidQueen » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:23 pm

I just posted a very brief (2 slides) example of a good a bad layout for multiple photos. The theory behind it comes from basic Graphic Design teachings: Your layouts should allow the viewer to accept it as a whole before breaking it down into it's pieces. This principle definately applies to slide shows!

You can view it here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=124704

Now let's see some really great layouts!!!

Jennifer

Postby KellyInAz » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Jennifer, I am learning so much from you! I saw the first layout and thought is was fine. Then you showed the second one, and it is sooo much better! Thank you for sharing your endless knowledge. I feel like I owe you some tuition money :lol:

Kelly

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:58 pm

Jennifer,

I saw your post to Ed with this show in the other forum .... very nice. Thanks for taking the time to help us.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby nannybear » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Oh, get out you little show off!!! You teach, teach, create, create and you are so loving, sharing and giving! What would we do without you!!!! Love you to pieces, that was a great piece on composition (sp). Got me thinking....... hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:21 am

There is a landscape version of this also on the Dom's site.

Postby marmart » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:10 am

Thanks Jennifer for helping to make us all better "artists" and I use that word loosley of course. Look forward to the next great morsel of teaching!

Peace,

Mary

Postby newtcruiser » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:09 am

Another thank you Jennifer. I also thought the first one looked okay. It just goes to show how much we have to learn to create a quality job.

Linda

You're Welcome!

Postby VidQueen » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:52 am

You are all very welcome! I hope this helps when trying to put several photos on one screen at a time.

Kelly....you can make your check out to "graduatingclassesof2021and2023" :wink: (my girls are 4 and 2, I cringe to think of what college tuition will be in 15 years!)
Bob...same to you, I just love your shows!
Jan...thinking is good! Action is even better :D Hugs back at ya!
twodoor55...I didn't post anything on Dom's site, so I'm not quite sure what you are referring to :oops:
Mary...have you been in an art museum? The term "Art" has been used loosly for years! :lol:
Linda...the nice thing about it is that it is never too late to learn. This little "morsel" about graphic layouts I learned from my husband, who is a graphic designer....I just learned it a few months ago, and I'm in my mid 30s. I just marvel at what I'll learn in my 50s!

Happy ProShowing Everybody!

Jennifer

Postby KellyInAz » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:14 am

"Kelly....you can make your check out to "graduatingclassesof2021and2023" (my girls are 4 and 2, I cringe to think of what college tuition will be in 15 years!)"

I'm counting on my little four year old girl to earn scholarships!! Tuition is very scary indeed. Your check's in the mail, sure hope it doesn't get lost :wink:

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:19 pm

Mid 30's? Why, you're still just a young pup. I blinked and missed my 30's! But I do remember having something called "energy" long ago (and it didn't even come out of a pot or a can!!).....You're the best, Jennifer! Thanks again.

Pat

Esteemed Member

Re: Good vs. Bad Layouts

Postby kneedeep » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:39 pm

vidqueen wrote:I just posted a very brief (2 slides) example of a good a bad layout for multiple photos. The theory behind it comes from basic Graphic Design teachings: Your layouts should allow the viewer to accept it as a whole before breaking it down into it's pieces. This principle definately applies to slide shows!

You can view it here:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=124704

Now let's see some really great layouts!!!

Jennifer

Very nice of you to demo a bad vs good layout. Please continue to bring tips our way.... I know I can use all the help I can get :-)

Again thanks,

Denny

Postby Denny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:21 pm

Jennifer,
Your layout was great. I have a challenge before me and would like your thoughts. My Mother is into slide shows as well....( No age comments please) lol.....and I have brand new Grandson. How old am I? no....the idea....she suggested that We take a picture of eachof our hands...from the oldest down to the youngest...the brand new grandson. My wifes mother is also still living. thus we will have 7 people and 4 layers of hands .....She suggested including the wrinkles and things as well ..... Your suggestion on lay out? or how to present them in a slide.....show.....

The initial slide show i did of the baby is located here, I have yet to do the hands thing........

Your layout of the babys feet, and fingers on the big finger made me think of this idea.....I would appreciate your suggestions.

again....Loved your layout...thanks loads...i have some good ideas to keep clicking...

Denny

Denny

Postby Denny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:29 pm

Jennifer,
By the way, my daughters name is also Jennifer. here is the link to the first slide show I did of the baby.....

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7727&alb=0

I think this linkwill work.....

Denny

fstop

Postby fstop » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:37 pm

Jennifer:
One of the things that I have learned in my 50's is, " the young guys know the rules, but the old guys know the exceptions". :lol:

Steve

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:52 pm

Hey, I gotta remember that one !! :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Next

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks