COLORAZATION FADING

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
B.L.DeArmond

COLORAZATION FADING

Postby B.L.DeArmond » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:49 pm

I am wondering how you apply colorazation to a specfic part of the picture and then fade in to the whole picture colorized? I have seen in some of the samples that this effect is done. Can that be done in psp or does that require photoshop? For example, if I have a picture with two people in it and make it b/w in psp then I want to turn one of the people full color and then fade into the full picture to be full color. How do I do that?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:48 pm

This has to be done outside of PSP with your photo editing program.

To do as you described will require three slides, the first B&W, the second with one person coloured, and the third with a full colour picture.

The first two are easy to do in most photo editors, desaturate the colour picture to get B&W. I guess actually this can now be done in PSPv3 under the 'Edit' menu and tick 'colourize', leaving the colour at mid grey to get the B&W slide.

To get the mixture of two there are many ways, the easiest to describe is as follows in a photo editor.
1. Have a layer which is your colour layer.
2. Put a second layer on top and desaturate this picture to B&W
3. Erase parts of this top layer to expose the coloured layer below
4. When finished merge the layers and save.

Hope this general description helps

Brian

B.L.DeArmond

Postby B.L.DeArmond » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Thank you so much. I am going to try that right now. It sounds pretty simple. I wish that I had photoshop but it is just to expensive right now.

fstop

Postby fstop » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:52 am

B: Have you considered going with only adobe photoshop elements. I have been using this program for years back before it was 1.0 now they have just released 5.0 I think it's around 99.00. You can get more information about it here. http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/?sdid=PNZM
I recently upgraded to the full program CS2 and am now trying to learn all the bells and whistles. Let me say that the forum to adobe elements is excellent. Like this forum, there are alot of great people there who are more than willing to assist you. Like here, all ya have to do is just ask.

Steve

Valued Member

Here's a freebee

Postby Pat » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:58 am

Here's a freebee I just read about... Have not used it.

Photobie is a complete image editing software customized for photo retouching and features a unique intuitive layer manager, to control multiple layers for advanced image editing, and supports Photoshop filter(.8BF) plugins.

http://www.photobie.com/

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks