OUR MEMORIES PHOTO ALBUM

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
dawnmurray

OUR MEMORIES PHOTO ALBUM

Postby dawnmurray » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:45 am

HI EVERYONE
I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ONCE AGAIN.WHEN I FIRST PURCHASED PSG 2 YEARS AGO I WAS A COMPLETE NOVICE. FIRST COMPUTER,FIRST DIGITAL CAMERA,FIRST PIECE OF SOFTWARE.SOME SAY IVE COME FAR, BUT WHEN I LOOK AT SOME OF THE WORK ON THE FORUM I STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO. BUT I SURE DO ENJOY LEARNING.BEFORE I DISCOVERED MY FRIENDS ON THE FORUM I USED TO LOOK AT THE COMPETITION SHOWS AT PHOTODEX.ONE DAY I CAME ACROSS A SHOW CALLED TRIBUTE TO MOM BY SANDRA MACDONALD I WAS COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY I WAS AMAZED AT THE SHOW I PLAYED IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I WAS AT THE TIME TRYING TO DO A SLIDESHOW OF MY MOTHER-IN-LAW.WHO I HAD NURSED FOR FIVE YEARS SHE HAD DIED MONTHS EARLIER, I HAD NOT BEEN INTRODUCED TO THE FORUM,LAYERS, TEMPLATES OR MASKS NOR HADE I SEEN PSP BUT I DID A SHOW THAT EVEREONE LOVED
NOW I HAVE YOU ALL, AND PRODUCER. I CAN SEE HOW SANDRA WAS ABLE TO PRODUCE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SHOW,I HAVE DECIDED TO DO A COMPLETE NEW SHOW TO REMEMBER MY MOTHER ONCE AGAIN COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE PHOTO ALBUM EFFECT CALLED OUR MEMORIES THAT SHE USES THROUGHOUT THE SHOW IT BROUGHT THE WHOLE SHOW TOGETHER FOR ME. IF YOU ARE READING THIS SANDRA THANK YOU FOR INSPIRING ME IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR YOUR SHOW I WOULD NOT HAVE REALISED WHAT WAS POSSIBLE IN PROSHOW AND GIVEN UP LONG AGO. THANK YOU ALL I HOPE YOU CAN HELP IVE TRIED TO GET A LINK BUT BEEN UNSUCESSFUL IF YOU GO TO PHOTODEX FOLLOW CONTEST WINNERS YOU WILL FIND SANDRA UNDER 2005 MOTHERS DAY
THANKS AGAIN DAWN

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:24 am

Hi Dawn,
That was a pretty good show. I have done some in a similiar manner (without the photo book). It does add a nice touch doesn't it. Looks like she took some vey good photos (controlled environment) of a photo album. Or it may be a photo framing effect from Photoshop or equal, or maybe even a scrapbooking program. I suspect it is her photos though. I like that effect too. I too know what you mean when you say a particuliar show is an inspiration to you and stays with you. Pascal (Fox67) has done something in a similiar manner with albums and such that I feel exactly the same way as you do with Sandra's work. For more inspiration and again "How'd They do That!" here is Pascal's Link: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9265&alb=0

Pascal I hope you don't mind me linking here I Know It's in your private collection. This show, as Dawn mentioned, really is an inspiration for any of us that like to do the family shows that really are a heartfelt sentimental journey. Thank you again for bringing it to us. It is one that I too treasure.

Dawn good luck in your show revision. Maybe others will chime in as to how you can achieve similiar effects. :)
_Dan

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:39 am

Hi Dawn,
I see that no one else has responded, (yet). I am curious as to how you are coming though. Have you found something that will work for you? If you have found sources let us know. I would think several of us might find that info useful.
Anybody have ideas to help Dawn along?
_Dan

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:42 am

WOW! Talk about serendipity!! I'm working on a slideshow right now for a friend and I wanted to make it look like a real video "scrapbook" or album. I've been sitting here for days trying to think of how I could get this effect. Now I'm in line behind you, Dan....hoping someone comes through with an answer.

Pat
Last edited by imabeatlelover on Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esteemed Member

Re: OUR MEMORIES PHOTO ALBUM

Postby kneedeep » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:59 am

dawnmurray wrote:HI EVERYONE
. . . . COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE PHOTO ALBUM EFFECT CALLED OUR MEMORIES THAT SHE USES THROUGHOUT THE SHOW IT BROUGHT THE WHOLE SHOW TOGETHER FOR ME. IF YOU ARE READING THIS SANDRA THANK YOU FOR INSPIRING ME IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR YOUR SHOW I WOULD NOT HAVE REALISED WHAT WAS POSSIBLE IN PROSHOW AND GIVEN UP LONG AGO. THANK YOU ALL I HOPE YOU CAN HELP IVE TRIED TO GET A LINK BUT BEEN UNSUCESSFUL IF YOU GO TO PHOTODEX FOLLOW CONTEST WINNERS YOU WILL FIND SANDRA UNDER 2005 MOTHERS DAY
THANKS AGAIN DAWN

Hi,

Yes add me to the list of waiting....

DanDan, thanks for the link, very nice. Just how do they do that ????

Valued Member

Postby thedom » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi,

I found a photoshop action and made a mask with it.

It's not as nice as the one in Sandra's slideshow but it's a start.
All details here : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.p ... ile_id=170
Tutorials, masks, demos, photoshop actions...Over 180 files already avalaible... and more to come! Please go visit http://www.thedom.fr/share

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:18 pm

Is there link to Sandra's show? I don't think I've ever seen it and I'd really like to take a peek.

Pat

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:44 pm

Hey Pat,
That's one of the things (few things), that I can do is provide a link.
Here's the link to Sandra's show: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/spotlig ... onald.html

Hi Dom, thanks, You have had some wonderful things on your site. I don't use Photo Shop, I use Paint Shop. I have been playing with a trial of Elements though, but don't think the "actions" will work with either one of those. I bet others will find it useful though.
Thanks,
_Dan

Postby imabeatlelover » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:05 pm

Thanks Dan, I just took a look and it is a wonderful slideshow....

Pat

Valued Member

Postby thedom » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Tutorials, masks, demos, photoshop actions...Over 180 files already avalaible... and more to come! Please go visit http://www.thedom.fr/share

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks