Keyframing Tutorial

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Keyframing Tutorial

Postby VidQueen » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:55 pm

Hi Everyone

I've uploaded the Basic Keyframing tutorial (...and I mean, BASIC). It's a very large file, but when I played it myself it played instantly. I hope that will be true for everyone else!

One word of caution: the audio drops in and out during many transitions. I'm sorry, Photodex, but Producer is NOT a good program for building video tutorials (...and I think they know that). This experience has made me even more determnined to make a DVD tutorial. I can use a non linear editing program where I have more control and the final file size will be irrelevant as it will be on a DVD. Now I just have to find the time to build it :)

Here's the link:

Keyframing Tutorial

I hope some of you find it at least a little useful :)

Jennifer

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:25 pm

Jennifer

Thanks for giving the link. At my download speed, on the other side of the pond, of 60kB/s I think it will take about an hour. I'll try in the morning, our time, and see if it is any faster at let you know how I get on.

Brian

Postby marmart » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:53 pm

Thanks Jennifer - you are the greatest!!!

Mary

DPOP

Thank you Jennifer!!

Postby DPOP » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:09 pm

Thank you for taking the time to make that tutorial. You showed me a few things which I had not yet discovered about KF, and I GREATLY appreciate it.
Dan

Thanks Jennifer

Postby newtcruiser » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:27 pm

You rock Jennifer! Maybe I will finally get the gist of these #@$%%^& keyframes.

Linda

Esteemed Member

Re: Keyframing Tutorial

Postby kneedeep » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi,

vidqueen wrote:Hi Everyone

I've uploaded the Basic Keyframing tutorial (...and I mean, BASIC). It's a very large file, but when I played it myself it played instantly. I hope that will be true for everyone else!

Thanks. Very well done. I have not been using the Keyframe Window, but after watching your show, I am inclined to try it.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:15 pm

Thanks Jennifer !! Now I see what Jason was talking about
with the single window (and I had wondered exactly what the
two "cut"s were !!) Your effort is much appreciated. :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

andy

Postby andy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:36 am

Oh Jennifer, what a wonderful introduction to Keyframing (I’m calling it exercise 1, lesson 1 to Keyframing)…..Can’t wait for you to start producing Keyframing lessons 2, 3 etc. (oh! and also this first lesson) on DVD or zipped files on your Website, don’t keep us waiting tooooo long.
andy

mightec

Keyframing Tutorial

Postby mightec » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:30 am

Well Jennifer
I have just played your tutorial, or I played part of it, for some reason it got stuck at the point where you were explaining the play within the window option. It did this on me twice, not sure if its my broadband connection or the size of the file. Not sure how much there was to come, I did learn a lot from what I saw, but if there are anymore tips in the closing part of the show, can someone let me know. Is the tutorial going to be available through your website, perhaps as a Flash option, if so can you let me know.

Postby horndean » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:06 am

This happened on my PC. Tried three different browsers, froze towards the end.

mightec wrote:Well Jennifer
I have just played your tutorial, or I played part of it, for some reason it got stuck at the point where you were explaining the play within the window option. It did this on me twice, not sure if its my broadband connection or the size of the file. Not sure how much there was to come, I did learn a lot from what I saw, but if there are anymore tips in the closing part of the show, can someone let me know. Is the tutorial going to be available through your website, perhaps as a Flash option, if so can you let me know.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:52 am

Thanks Jennifer

I downloaded the file this morning, just over the hour on this side of the pond. Now have it stored on the computer for further reference.

I think I have it now, thanks to you. I had already hit on setting all the Autos to Manual (been easier if they defaulted to this). The new one for me was the double click in a window to bring up the larger size. The tutorial was worth it even if this was the only thing I learnt.

Thanks again for the time and effort you put into this tutorial I am sure it will help many.

Brian

andy

Postby andy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:23 am

mightec wrote:Well Jennifer

Yes kept getting the same as you it is Broadband against/File size...., but here’s a work around that worked on both my PC’s ….. click on vidqueen’s link then once Jennifer’s Keyframing ‘Play Tutorial’ screen displays, DO NOT select to play her tutorial just allow the show to just sit there doing nothing.

Then I think you know what I'm about to say…..but maybe some others don’t….so Open Explorer and go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp
Where the shows file will be loading. You might see that the file size is quite small, well by (every few minutes) right hand mouse clicking on any open space within the Temp folder then selecting ‘Refresh’ you will see the file size increase in size each time. Wait until the file size reaches a minim of 213/214 MB then play safe and wait 2 more minutes before copying (you can’t move it) the file to your desktop, then rename file from xxx.tmp to xxx.px . Now you should shut down Jennifer’s Keyframing ‘Play Tutorial’ window and open the desktop show.
Oh one last point, it took (on my broadband link) 30 mimutes to download the 10 minute show.
andy

your are a Queen!!

Postby KellyInAz » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:20 am

Thank you so much for this tutorial! It was very generous of you to make this and share. I have a good understanding of keyframes now. I'm soooo excited!! Your tutorials knock the ones on proshow out of the water! They are at a good pace, and easy to see.

You must consider coming to the mini convention that is being planned! I would love to meet you and thank you in person for all that you contribute to this forum :D

Kelly

Broadband

Postby marmart » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:22 am

Hi Andy,

I also have broadband and it took just a couple of minutes to download. A year ago, I was having some real problems trying to watch shows at Photodex, after trying everything, I finally upped my download speed at Charter and have had ZERO problems since. I think it was only $3 or 4 bucks more a month.

Peace,

Mary

Valued Member

Postby jetfanroy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:46 am

Jennifer:
Just saw your tutorial on Keyframes -
I've been strugling for a while now with this - your tutorial - has really cleared somethings up!!

Thanks so much!!

Roy

Next

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks