Keyframing Tutorial

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Postby cyclenut » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:55 am

Jennifer, thank you so much. I am the one who wrote on the forum about how stupid keyframing makes me feel. The lights are glowing now, thanks to you. One quick questions. Is there a way to perform the functions normally done in the effects tab within the keyframe window. I was thinking specifically of opacity.
Thanks again for your generosity.
Carolyn W

andy

Re: Broadband

Postby andy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:58 am

marmart wrote:Hi Andy,

I also have broadband and it took just a couple of minutes to download. A year ago, I was having some real problems trying to watch shows at Photodex, after trying everything, I finally upped my download speed at Charter and have had ZERO problems since. I think it was only $3 or 4 bucks more a month.

Peace,

Mary

Thank you Mary for info on Charter but....... until England becomes (one never knows!) the 51st State of the USA I don’t think Charter will entertain me…..but thank you sincerely for trying to help me, I really do appreciate kind people like you.
andy

Postby GabBill » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:26 am

Jennifer,
Thanks very, very much for your hard work on our behalf. Your turorial certainly clears some cob-webs for me.

Best regards,
Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

mightec

Postby mightec » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:29 am

Hi Jennifer
With the help of Andy T, I have been able to view your tutorial in full, I had not missed much but I am very pleased that I viewed the whole tutorial. Your closing comments indicated that there is a lot more to come on the subject, well bring it on. I like others have learnt so much from this one session and I can see why you want your business to go down the route of producing tutorials. Not sure if you were ever a teacher or not, well you do have the ability to structure a very interesting tutorial

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:54 am

Hi Jennifer.....WoW! You are the best! I haven't watched the tutorial yet but am planning on sitting down to the computer with a nice cup of coffee and hope that I understand it. It's been a challenge, but that's what I love about this program...there's always more to learn and I do believe, A Woman's/Man's reach should always exceed his/her grasp." It's what keeps life interesting! Thanks again and I'm looking forward to your new Producer items you will have soon!

Your friend,
Pat

P.S. Is there a way to download this to keep on my computer for future reference?

andy

Postby andy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:37 pm

imabeatlelover wrote:Hi Jennifer.....WoW! You are the best! Your friend,
Pat

P.S. Is there a way to download this to keep on my computer for future reference?

yes heres one way.....follow this link http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... 5358#15358
andy

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:11 pm

I'm all for England becoming the 51st state! I LOVE ENGLAND AND THE ENGLISH PEOPLE!! I have been playing with keyframing and I guess it's just me and maybe I'll eventually get it completely but so far keyframiong has made every slide I put in a chore and has really taken a lot of the fun out of creating slideshows for me. :cry:

Pat

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:36 pm

England - where the "right" side of the road is the "wrong" side and
the "left" is the "right" ... :lol:

We were over there 20+ years ago and loved it. Didn't have a problem
driving on the "other side" (but the "go arounds" were new), HOWEVER,
when I came back home to the states, I did scare myself -- pulled out
of a driveway or side street a couple of times and found myself looking
at the on coming traffic ... eeeeeeek !!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby imabeatlelover » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Mikey...
My dad was stationed at Bentwaters in Suffolk back in 63. I was 10 years old at the time and LOVED it! I now correspond with some people (the village historian and a woman who actually remembered me when I lived there) in the little village of Pettistree. WOW....it seems like a hundred years ago but it was always my favorite place that we lived and being an Air Force "Brat" we certainly lived in a lot of different places. Yes.....England is a VERY beautiful country and the people ALWAYS treated us very kindly.
Pat

andy

Postby andy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:20 pm

imabeatlelover wrote:I'm all for England becoming the 51st state! I LOVE ENGLAND AND THE ENGLISH PEOPLE!! I have been playing with keyframing and I guess it's just me and maybe I'll eventually get it completely but so far keyframiong has made every slide I put in a chore and has really taken a lot of the fun out of creating slideshows for me. :cry:

Pat

Pat thank you for your kind words about us Brits.....as Patrick Swayze said in the 1990 film Ghost........Ditto.
Please, you must not allow the fun side drain away.........just ignore Keyframes in your creations for as long as you need (they are not compulsory).
andy

Postby imabeatlelover » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:32 pm

Thanks Andy. I would go without using them but I like my photos to "pause" for a second before they starts to zoom in and then pause a second or two before the transition starts coming in so people have a second to view the enlarged photos. I tried to do it not using keyframes but that means the photo immediately starts growing once the transition starts and keeps growing all through the next transition. I'm slowly getting it but the old Producer was easier in that we just put in how many seconds we wanted the zoom to start and when we wanted the zoom to end. I am an artist and don't have a left brain so this is making me use "NUMBERS" and that hurts! :lol: People tell me I'm so right brained I even tilt to the right when I walk! Thanks for the pep talk tho......see, I told you English people were AWESOME!

Pat

Postby Capmom » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:16 pm

Jennifer,
Thank you for this tutorial, it is great and helps me not to feel quite so stupid!
Marilyn

Saxman28

Re: Keyframing Tutorial

Postby Saxman28 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:46 pm

vidqueen wrote:Hi Everyone

I've uploaded the Basic Keyframing tutorial (...and I mean, BASIC). It's a very large file, but when I played it myself it played instantly. I hope that will be true for everyone else!

One word of caution: the audio drops in and out during many transitions. I'm sorry, Photodex, but Producer is NOT a good program for building video tutorials (...and I think they know that). This experience has made me even more determnined to make a DVD tutorial. I can use a non linear editing program where I have more control and the final file size will be irrelevant as it will be on a DVD. Now I just have to find the time to build it :)

Here's the link:

Keyframing Tutorial

I hope some of you find it at least a little useful :)

Jennifer

Hi,

As always, superb tutorial..very clear and to the point...

BTW, is there a commercial piece of software sold just dedicated to Photoshop actions. It seems that many are just donating their actions over the forums.

I am looking to flip 3 photos of a young girl using a flip album or a group of creative pages in a baby pic projects. Any ideas?

Saxman28

I've been mistakenly absent!!

Postby VidQueen » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:14 pm

I'm so sorry I haven't been responding to these posts...I was expecting a Topic Notice email, sorry about that!

I'm so glad that the response to the tutorial has been mostly helpful! I definately plan to continue making tutorials, but I'm afraid Sam's Club sort of owns me for the next three weeks (they hire me as a video editor for their BiAnnual meetings). I will post notifications when I create new tutorials, I promise....it just may not be until March!

Ok...some individual replies:

Andy...thanks so much for helping everyone who couldn't watch the show via the Photodex Website. You've taught me something new, too!

Carolyn...Opacity is conspicuously missing from the precision keyframe window, isn't it? To my knowledge, there is no way to access the Effects from the precision keyframe window. But, don't quote me on that, it may be a seven fingered keyboard shortcut :wink:

(Side Note: is there anything more romantic than an English accent?!) ((ok....I like Irish and Scottish accents, too :D ))

Kelly....if there's a convention; I'm there with bells on! Again....don't quote me on that :wink:

Linda....repeat after me, "Keyframes are my friends. Or maybe distant aquaintences at this time, but we're working on a friendship."

I promise I'll come back up for air after I come out of my Corporate Video Daze.

Cheers to Everyone!!

Jennifer

Saxman28

Setting to Automatic

Postby Saxman28 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:12 am

Jennifer,

the biggest pain in the neck is setting the automatic to manual RED each time you want to move the photo to its next keyframe.
Adobe Premiere is so much easier. You activate keyframing, (For position, opacity etc..) move the photo, keyframe is created automatically and your set. Why why why, didn't Photodex copy this model?

Love your tutorial, don't care for the keyframing prgramming facility in PSP

Saxman28

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks