help with masks

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

help with masks

Postby shazmark » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:10 pm

HELP ME PLEASE SOMEONE!!!!
my sons 21st is on saturday and i am in dire straits,
I am trying to create a mask of a photo frame and everytime I end up saving it
it ends up all distorted it looks fine in photoshop but when I open it up in producer it isnt a square it is like two squares on top of each other looking like an uneven cross....I have been following a tutorial from a posting but i am in need of some big help
please
please
please
help
shaz mark

andy

help with masks

Postby andy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:05 am

shazmark, I am away from home for some days so unable to play/experiment with Photoshop to try to duplicate what you seem to be getting. I can better advise on Photoshop then Proshow as I'm new to Producer so can only come up with suggestions (guesses) to what your problem might be. Please forgive me if I am stating the obvious but have you tried (within Photoshop) increasing/decreasing the pixel size of the photo frame before you start any editing on it, to something like 1024x768. Then once imported into ProShow have you tried changing the settings for 'a slides-framing', by going into Slide Options, layers, Layer-Settings and experimenting with ‘Fill Frame' etc.........also what about the Aspect Ratio settings (under Show Options) have they been changed to Custom Settings from 4.3 or 16.9

andy

Esteemed Member

masks help

Postby shazmark » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:16 am

Hi Andy tnx so much for answering me here is the link to the posting I used to try to create the mask I hope this might help you understand my attempt at describing it
cheers
shaz http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/viewtopic.php?t=43

andy

Re: masks help

Postby andy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:57 am

shazmark wrote:Hi Andy tnx so much for answering me here is the link to the posting I used to try to create the mask I hope this might help you understand my attempt at describing it
cheers
shaz http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/viewtopic.php?t=43

shazmark, I have viewed briancbb’s posting (dated Nov 2005 last edited May 2006). Apart from referring to the Mask firstly as a png file then a psd, I can’t fault his procedure at all for stopping picture edges from growing. and all his replies confirm that (in fact Briancbb has taught me a little more about ProShow and pixels that I did not know before, so thank you for sending me there).......... anyway that’s not helping you solve your problem....... Did you check your Show settings??

As I mentioned before I can not get to my Photoshop/ProShow PC, so can only hope there is somebody reading this that can come to your rescue,
good luck and sorry!
andy

Esteemed Member

templates

Postby shazmark » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:38 am

Hi andy tnx again
a really nice lady is going to send me some of her masks which will help me out for now,
tnx so much again will be intouch
cheers shaz

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:14 pm

shazmark

With the dawn of PSP v3 the method used in my thread you quoted is now a bit outdated.

Here is a link to Photodex tutorial site, on this under 'technique' you will see a tutorial 'masking magic'. This is really the way to go as it is so much more adaptable. Under 'workflow' the 'adding templates' tutorial uses a mask with a border, this may also help.

http://www.photodex.com/training/library

In my original thread, the object is to create in a photo editor a black picture with a transparent centre 'hole'. This allows to picture on the layer below to show in the hole. Zooming the picture layer does not affect the size of the hole in the top layer therefore the picture edges do not grow.

If you need more help just YELL LOUD, I'll see if I can help.

Brian

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks