Animation on animals

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
B.L.DeArmond

Animation on animals

Postby B.L.DeArmond » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:55 pm

Hello, I am very new to this program and wached some of the movies other people have made. On one of them there is a picture of a dog that winkes and opens his mouth, how do you do that? I am also wondering if anyone knows where to get the video's that float or fly on top of a slide? Like I said I am really new and could use some pointers?

Thank you,

brittani

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:55 pm

Don't know how that person did specifically that but making something look animated can be done a couple ways. One is to use an actual video clip and if you need something smooth & complicated then that's probably best. But for most things you don't need that and I don't think that is what's done--I know that's not what I've done anyway.

The more general idea is simply to create a series of slides--sort of like the individual cels in cartoon animation. Rough example: 1st slide is the dog with the eye open, 2nd and 3rd are partially closed and the 4th is closed. In ProShow you'd sequence those with short times on screen, "cut" and 0 time for transition and it will look animated, sorta. The trick is finding/making the series of slides which is where some skill with an image editor enters the picture. Not hard to do in ProShow once that's done.

There might be other and better ways for that specific effect, but the slide sequence works well for many purposes.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby newtcruiser » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:42 am

Hi Britanni

See the following thread it might help you.

http://www.itsmygallery.com/ProShow/vie ... +eyes#9833

Linda

Valued Member

Postby Lin Evans » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:55 pm

If you have two images, one with the eyes closed and one with the eyes open and they are taken with similar frames, by that I mean each in relatively the same position and from the same distance, you can use freeware morphing software which will do a great job of animating the change.

Lin

B.L.DeArmond

Postby B.L.DeArmond » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:08 am

Thank yall so much for helping me out. I am just starting out and really appreciate everyone's help. I am going to try this.

Thank you
brittani

fstop

Postby fstop » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:58 am

Brittani: This program will animate just about anything. It's a little pricey. The Demo's on the site are interesting.

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/

Steve

Postby Chris » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:19 am

brittani

I used photoshop to create a closed eye effect by using the liquify in the filters menu

have a look here for the result http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 9210&alb=0

Chris

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks