Replacing Existing Photo on Layer

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Replacing Existing Photo on Layer

Postby Curtiscop » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:14 pm

My question, that I have tried very hard to figure out myself, has to do with 'replacing' a photo on a layer within a slide with a different photo:

I'm not referring to:

Dragging from the 'file list' on to the layer list that 'adds' a new photo
Holding down 'CTRL' and selecting files in the file list, then dropping them on to the slide.

I'm referring to:

I have a photo that I want to replace, and I know I can 'right click' on the photo (layer) and choose 'Select File' and then this will replace the existing, with the replacement.

Is there a 'keyboard shortcut' that I would hold while I take the photo from the 'file list' and move it OVER the existing photo to replace it, without 'adding' it above or below the current photo?

Thanks Much !!!

Curt'
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Re: Replacing Existing Photo on Layer

Postby cherub » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:41 pm

I hope I understand what you are asking.
You don't need to press any key.
Make sure that you are in Slide Options, with the layers list visible. All you need to do is to drag a picture from your thumbnails list on the layer that needs replacing.
Just drag, and hold the mouse to the center of the layer that needs replacing, until it becomes marked (colored), and then release the mouse. The new picture will replace the old one.

You'll know that you are not doing it right, if instead of a colored layer, you are seeing a thick line, either at the top or at the bottom of the layer to be replaced.
That line indicates the addition of a new layer, and not a replacement.

Re: Replacing Existing Photo on Layer

Postby Curtiscop » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Mona,

You're the BEST. Yes, you understood what I was asking .... and your instructions worked.

I 'think' what was happening ... is it takes a second for the 'existing' photo / layer to turn blue. Not that I am an inpatient person, but I tried it, and worked great.

"Thank you, Thank you"

Curt'
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks