Clickable Links

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Clickable Links

Postby kantucky » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi, just joined hoping someone might help me with this.

Here's what I"m wanting to do. Place a clickable link that would advance from one slide to the other. I'm using it for my Children's Sunday School Class. I'm wanting to put slides up and add looping background sounds. When I'm done talking about a slide, I want to be then able to click it to go to the next slide and so forth and so forth. Any help on how (or if it's possible) to do would be very much appreciated

John

Re: Clickable Links

Postby im42n8 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:49 am

You can create an EXE or run the show from within ProShow. In the lower left corner of the slide metaphor is a triangle that points right. This is what pauses the slide after it has played. Click it and it will turn into a pause icon (||); click it again to turn into the play icon (or hit the spacebar). On-screen controls also allow you to pause the exe as it's playing.

Check the HELP file (or download the manual from Photodex, it's free). Search the help/manual for "Pause" or manual control. You can also look for "Action" or "Action at End of Slide"...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:41 am

kantucky wrote:I'm wanting to put slides up and add looping background sounds. When I'm done talking about a slide, I want to be then able to click it to go to the next slide and so forth and so forth.
John

Perhaps I don't quite understand exactly what you want to do, but you can't have looping sounds in a slide in ProShow. While you play a certain slide, you can hear the show audio track, and/or a sound associated with that particular slide, but none of these can be looped.
Besides, if you pause a slide, the sound is paused too.

Postby im42n8 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:52 am

Yep, I concur with Mona ... no looping sounds in ProShow (not supported). Forgot to comment on that this morning in my previous post. When ProShow (or the EXE) pauses, so does everything else as well.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby kantucky » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:35 am

Thank you everyone! I stand to be corrected but I could've sworn earlier versions of ProShow Producer allowed you to put a clickable link to advance to the next slide? As as far as looping sound, I can just increase the slide link to several minutes long. I know I have used Producer so many times, for something other than what it was really designed for.

Postby kantucky » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:24 am

im42n8 wrote:You can create an EXE or run the show from within ProShow. In the lower left corner of the slide metaphor is a triangle that points right. This is what pauses the slide after it has played. Click it and it will turn into a pause icon (||); click it again to turn into the play icon (or hit the spacebar). On-screen controls also allow you to pause the exe as it's playing.

Check the HELP file (or download the manual from Photodex, it's free). Search the help/manual for "Pause" or manual control. You can also look for "Action" or "Action at End of Slide"...

Dale

Hey Dale, thanks. I just created an exe like you suggested and found I could just hit the 'enter' key' and it would play the next slide and do the same to the next. I appreciate it. This will work just fine so I can play it through a projector for my children as a teaching aid

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks