Scrubber tool in the keyframe editor

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Scrubber tool in the keyframe editor

Postby winkingfox » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:29 am

While using the keyframe editor, is there any way to begin the playback at the position where the scrubber is placed. When trying to accurately time layers with the music, the scrubber is not enough since the music only plays when you press the play button. The only alternative is to constantly exit the editor and go back to the main screen slide editor when you CAN begin playback within a slide beginning with the scrubber placement. But that's a lot of back and forth between the main screen and the keyframe editor. Any tips? Thanks!

Re: Scrubber tool in the keyframe editor

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Nope. No can do. You cannot hear any music/sound while scrubbing ... only during play. You aren't going to get anywhere with "timing" using any scrubbing at all, anywhere. I think trying to "time" your music while in the keyframe editor kinda novel since you really can't do much in it. Yes, you can adjust your keyframes (location) but, that's about it. You can't add / delete time there, merely change the location of a keyframe (or add/delete a keyframe).

Yes, playing the slide and then making adjustments to your slide time, keyframe location, add/delete time between keyframes, and change the amount of time associated with the transition is what you need to do. There's little else that provides you with the control you need.

So, it appears that what you're doing is basically what you need to be doing. I don't see why you're going into the keyframe editor tho. That seems to be more "make work" to me (in general).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Curtiscop » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:56 am

I too have wished the scrubber has the option to play the sound also ....

My question 'related' to this issue is .... I often I have a long slide (sometimes up to a minute). Everytime I was to 'recheck' my adjustments, I want to start 'exactly' where I'm reviewing (like 20 sec, 40 sec in the slide). Seems like I always have to restart the slide from the beginning and wait for the part I really want to see. A lot of time is 'wasted' in 'waiting'

Tell me if there is a way around this.

'Thanks Much'
Curt'
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Postby im42n8 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:06 am

In the main preview window (NOT the slide options preview), place the play cursor where you want to begin play from. Then hit the play button. To get it at the specific location, watch the time in the display above the timeline (next to the preview play controls). Unfortunately there's not a direct display of the time of any keyframe that aligns with the show time (hopefully they'll have a fix for this in the near future ... we can only hope). But, you should be able to figure out the time close enough for most of what you need to do.

You can't set the cursor location in the slide options preview ... it will always start playing from the beginning of the slide ... that option (playing from a specific location) only exists in the show's timeline.

You can scrub by positioning the cursor where you want the start to be ... but, as stated in earlier posts, you get NO sound. Scrubbing the main preview may or may not display correctly if modifiers are involved in the slide. They will play correctly (usually) if you play the main preview however.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Curtiscop » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks Dale !!!

As much as having the option in the 'SLIDE OPTIONS' .... but, at least it will work 'better' going to the timeline, and moving my cursor.

I will be 'crossing my fingers' this is a change made in future upgrades.

Curt'
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks