Video motion

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Video motion

Postby andreahillis » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 am

How do you make "part" of a video clip slow motion?

Re: Video motion

Postby Jean-Paul » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Andreahillis,

Welcome to the forum.
To create the video slow motion effect: in Slide Options > tab “Layer Settings” > select your video layer. On the lower right hand side of the window you will see Video Clip Settings > Speed. Entering a number less than 100 in the SPEED edit box, well slow down the speed of your video clip.

Again, welcome to the forum.
Amicalement, Jean-Paul
P.S. This is in version 5.

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:40 pm

If you only want to slow down part of a video clip, you may be able to do it by using two copies of the clip - one slowed down and the other normal (if the portion you want to slow down is in the middle that won't work). The best way is in a video editor where you can adjust portions of the video to different speeds (you may want to mute the sound during the sections where you change the speed).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jean-Paul » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Mikey,

When I reply to new members, I usually point them in the right direction and hopefully they will figure out the rest. If not, they usually come back for more detailed information (I think it's a good learning process).
Thanks for bringing up the subject of video clip trimming in Proshow. Contrary to popular believe Proshow Producer does this very well, the video clip trim tool in the program is very well designed and simple to use.
If a user wishes to do multiple cuts of a short video clip and would prefer doing it in PSP instead of using video editing software, it is very easy to accomplish.

To edit a video clip with multiple cuts in Proshow, usually it is a good idea to create a new show in Proshow, bring in the video clip that you wish to edit, create the number of duplicates of that video layer that you need by right clicking the original video layer and clicking duplicate layer.
When you are done trimming your video layers they can be all assembled using key frames in Effects tab.
When you are satisfied with the video clip that you have created, it can be published to a good quality video format that you can import back in to your original show (in a video editor program, you would also need to publish a new video clip).

Of course, Proshow Producer IS NOT a video editor program but it does handle small video clips very very well and hopefully Photodex will make it even better in the future.

Mikey, if a guy happens to have Vegas installed in his PC that is where he is going to edit his video clips LOL!!! Personally, I do most of my video editing in Adobe Premiere Elements.

Keep up the good work Mikey,
Amicalement, Jean-Paul

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby im42n8 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Jean-Paul,

A simple "Ah! Great Idea!" would have sufficed to Mikey's post!

Mikey was only adding useful additional information you had not supplied. Your answer, while an excellent way to slow down a clip (in general), actually just slows down the ENTIRE clip, not just a portion of it as requested. Mikey's response gave two solutions that actually answered the original poster's question. He also mentioned a potential problem with the sound, which could be crucial information to those wanting to "preserve" it (so they can make adjustments, as necessary).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Well, since I was addressing the actual question (he only wanted to change "part" of the video) it seemed appropriate to mention the use of a video editor. Just like you can get complex motion in Proshow GOLD by using multiple slides, each with different motion to get the final result you can do the same thing with video. In this case, I felt it was important to actually address the original question :twisted:

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby im42n8 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:41 pm

You DEVIL you! HA! Imagine that! 8)

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby Jean-Paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am

Hi mikey,

There is absolutely nothing wrong in your original thread on this post. I am certain that normally you would not have read anything negative in my comments addressed to you.
However, if I did make a comment that offended you in some way, it was certainly not my intention to do that and please accept my apologies.

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

Postby Jean-Paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:54 am

im42n8,

Please stop paying so much attention to me, my wife is starting to be jealous :!: :D :D

Jean-Paul

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:20 pm

I was not offended, I simply chose to answer the original post instead of wandering off in other directions. The OP asked about "Part" of the video not the whole video - sometimes it is important to actually read what the OP was asking . :D

mikey

Postby im42n8 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Hells bells ... sometimes I read the darned question wrong and answer according to what I thought I read... only to discover the next morning that I must have been out in the ozone somewhere (as in, brain not fully engaged). Yes, there ARE those times when I really should NOT be answering questions when I'm tired, especially late at night.

I know WE HAVE ALL been there at one time or another! I'd be surprised if anyone hadn't.

Then we get ribbed about it that next day ... all part of the fun! :D

Dale

Jean-Paul, tell the wife that it's just a phase we're going through right now and that we'll be tossing a few drinks over the barbee some afternoon in the not too distant future and after a long and stressful day/week/month/year. No worries. 8)

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks