Keyframe time display

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Keyframe time display

Postby Magmatic » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:41 pm

I just noticed something about Producer 5! In Slide Options, Edit tab, toward the upper left it shows the time position of the keyframe you are on. It's even clickable, where you can change the time. No more right-clicking on the keyframe itself!
David Shuford

Re: Keyframe time display

Postby im42n8 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:38 pm

It's kind of amazing what is provided in this new UI (well, once you get used to it). Notice too that you can jump from one keyframe to the next using the last set of icons to the far right of the keyframe time you mentioned. That's a very nice feature too. Of course, it's just an icon-based feature for a keystroke feature that's existed for some time now tho. Still, nice to have an icon-based option too. Too, you don't have to click on a keyframe to select it. Photodex added the ability to select a keyframe (in the Effects Tab of the Slide Options) by putting the mouse cursor near the keyframe vs right on top of it. This is useful for those using pens and tablets. You now have less of a chance of inadvertently changing the keyframe's position during keyframe selection. I wonder what they'll for us add next!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Magmatic wrote:I just noticed something about Producer 5! In Slide Options, Edit tab, toward the upper left it shows the time position of the keyframe you are on. It's even clickable, where you can change the time. No more right-clicking on the keyframe itself!

Yes, it's a nice feature, no doubt.
But, you should also know, that the keyframes in Producer 5 are much more stable than previous versions, and nothing much happens if you do click on the keyframe itself. It doesn't move, as in previous versions. Also, as Dale mentioned, you can click somewhere next to the keyframe too.

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:53 am

cherub wrote:...and nothing much happens if you do click on the keyframe itself. It doesn't move, as in previous versions.

I stopped using a graphics tablet with Producer because those little hand jerks could move keyframes just a tick or even more, though now I'm wondering if I've even tried it with version 5. I'll have to test it.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cherub » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:25 am

BarbaraC wrote:... now I'm wondering if I've even tried it with version 5. I'll have to test it.
Barbara

I'm sure you'll be surprised, Barbara.

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:41 am

I just so happened to have Producer behind this screen, so I grabbed the pen and gave it a try. It seems my little jerks are a touch too large, and the keyframes end up moving. But that's all right since I prefer using the mouse with Producer, being that I'm constantly back and forth between mouse and keyboard. (My setup is such that I have either the keyboard in front of me or the tablet.)

Barbara

Postby cherub » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:38 am

I was referring only to the selection with the mouse. :D

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:49 am

cherub wrote:I was referring only to the selection with the mouse. :D

We got our wires crossed. :D

Barbara

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks