Copy to selected slides

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Re: Copy to selected slides

Postby im42n8 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:14 pm

No, Alt-Tab switches to another application. If I have slide options open in one monitor and the main program in the other, I just click on something in the other monitor to do the switching. So, if I'm working in the slide options and then decide to play the show, I just click play in the main program window. If the main program window is being worked with, I can just click the play in the slide options window in the other monitor to play the slide. Quick and easy. Or, I can just click on one of the layers in the slide options window to start working on that layer.

If I wanted to drag an image from the image list, I just drag it from the main program window over to the layers list in the slide options (which is in the other monitor). Very easy and convenient. I like that I can see all of my images in the list and can select those I want quickly, and then be able to drag them to the the slide options to add them to whatever layers are already on the slide (and copy them either above or below those existing layers).

If I want to copy a layer to multiple slides, I can select the slides (in the program's main window) I want to copy the layer to, and then, in slide options (in the other monitor) I simply right click over the layer I want to copy. Then, I simply copy to selected slides. Much more convenient than working in a single monitor that has all of the windows in it.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 am

So in some cases, shortcut keys may not work and you end up having to click, right? For instance, I use the spacebar toggle for playing, which means it would do one thing when in one screen and another thing when in the other screen. If this is true, it's certainly not a great obstacle, requiring only a slight retraining in the brain/finger connection.

I've the feeling it would ease the constant shift of the Options screen, and if I could figure out a way to have a second monitor, I'd probably go for it. Unfortunately, there's no way of moving the 4 speakers I use, which would be blocked by a second monitor. I can't even slide the second one behind the main one because of stuff sitting behind the main one...I think. Maybe a small monitor would work. That's what I'd get regardless.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:42 am

Shortcut keys work just fine. ALT-TAB switches applications. Slide Options is NOT an application; it's a window inside an application. It works the same way whether you're in a single monitor or two monitors ... click on the window you want to work with in side the application that's active. If I'm in Slide Options and I hit spacebar, the slide preview will play. If the main program window is active and I hit spacebar, the main preview will play. If I want to switch from the main program window to the slide options, I have to activate the slide options window to change to focus to it. No different than what you're doing now. Remember, the options that are available to you are dependent upon where the focus is located.

If you could find a way to add a 2nd monitor you would NOT regret it . . . it makes for a more productive environment since you can more easily switch between programs (that is, to have two "side-by-side" applications that I may want to copy between or to see information in one that I need for the other.)

I find working with only one monitor to be very confining. I'm at Breckenridge Ski Resort right now and working on my laptop. I find it frustrating to only have 1 monitor to work in! I'm spoiled! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:00 am

What a temptation to further complicate my work surface. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Magmatic » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Jean-Paul wrote:Hi guys,

David, what Dale forgot to explain is in part 3 of this simple step by step description.

COPY TO SELECTED SLIDES in 3 simple steps:
1. Select the Source slide (the copy from slide)
2. Select the Destination slide(s) (the copy to slides)
3. With your mouse, right click on the Source slide, in the Menu click Slide Options.
This will open the Slide Options window directly into the Source slide without deselecting any of the selected slides.
Select and right click the element (setting, layer or caption) that you wish to copy, select copy > click Copy to Selected Slides. You are done.

Jean-Paul

Jean-Paul, thank you for not giving up on me. Since you posted back with your concern, I tried your method, which admittedly did not make sense to me before. I do as you say, but unless I hold Ctrl and left-click the source slide before doing step 3, the source slide is now not selected.

But when I do hold Ctrl, I can indeed do as you say.

Another point needed to make this work is that after the target slides are selected, it is crucial to left-click the source slide BEFORE you right click it. Otherwise, even if you are holding Ctrl, the target slides will get de-selected.

So, I would revise the instructions like this:
1. Select the Destination slide(s). This can be done with Ctrl-click or Shift-click to select a group of target slides.
2. While holding Ctrl, left-click the Source slide. This will select the source slide. The source and target slides are now all selected.
3. Now you can let go of Ctrl. The slides will still be selected.
4. Right-click the source slide and select Slide Options.
5. Right-click a layer; select Copy > Copy to Selected Slides.

The layer is now copied to the target slides.
David Shuford

Postby Jean-Paul » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi David,

I am happy to see you have reconsidered and decided to give it a shot, also that you have figured out how to make it work for you.
There is two reasons, David, why I did not give you instructions on how to select your slides. The first reason is that I do not know what slides you need to select and where they are placed on the Slide List. The second reason, I usually never give instructions how to select element(s) in Proshow, is that selecting is a very basic Windows function that most people, who use Windows computers, know very well world wide.
Looking at your avatar, like me, you certainly do not look like a novice...LOL...!!! :D

The most important thing is to know how to open the slide options window without deselecting all your selected slides and be ready to copy your layer (RIGHT clicking on a selected slide does not deselect other slides).

Have fun, David

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby Magmatic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Jean-Paul wrote:Hi David,
Looking at your avatar, like me, you certainly do not look like a novice...LOL...!!! :D

The most important thing is to know how to open the slide options window without deselecting all your selected slides and be ready to copy your layer (RIGHT clicking on a selected slide does not deselect other slides).

Perhaps, but sometimes appearances are deceiving!

True, tight-clicking on a selected slide does not de-select it, but it has to be selected first. And that's why first I have to left-click it while holding Ctrl.
David Shuford

Previous

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks