wizard for dummies

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

wizard for dummies

Postby olivia » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:38 pm

I have Proshow Producer 4.5 and evalutation PSP5.
I tried function wizard but I will not do it for the whole show.

EXAMPLE.
I have 80 photos in my timeline divided into four chapters:
Spring - Summer – Autumn - Winter.
I like to use two different wizard only for Summer and Winter.
But if I take 20 pictures of winter from my timeline or from the folder and use wizard ... the program wants to close the show.
I would like to put them in my project, along with other photos (spring - autumn) that I want to manage by myself.
Is it possible? If possible how I can do?
Sorry for my english, I hope it is understandable.
Thanks and a Merry Christmas to Photoshow Enthusiast from Italy

Re: wizard for dummies

Postby obeeone » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi Olivia

One way would be to copy the 20 slides you want to use the wizard on into a new show, run the wizard and when you are happy with the results you can then copy and paste them back into the original show.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:11 pm

olivia wrote:I have 80 photos in my timeline divided into four chapters:
Spring - Summer – Autumn - Winter.

This is where the problem is.
The wizard needs to work in a certain order of things: First you open the wizard, then you insert the pictures and the music, and then you create your show.
You cannot apply a wizard theme to a part of a show, then another wizard theme to the other part of your show.

You will need to apply the wizard 4 times, each time creating a separate show of 20 pictures. At the end you will need to combine these 4 shows. You can combine the shows either using a project with 4 shows, or by simply copying and pasting each show at the end of the other/s.

I think that using the wizard in this way complicates things too much, and it would be much simpler for you to not use the wizard at all.
Simply apply styles and transitions to the 80 pictures that are now in your timeline and use the two music tracks that you want with them.

Postby dsprincis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:08 am

I have version 5 and I would do it this way: Put all your pictures in your show. Then select the Spring pictures from your time line. Right-click and then select “Use wizard on selected slides” from the box that pops up. You can do this for each of your seasons.

Postby olivia » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:47 am

Thank you all, you saved me!
I've tried using PSP 5 (PSP4 is another PC) is really simple, then I can if I want to change some settings in each slide.
No problem for the music I do for a whole show with Audacity.
The problem is that my PC is not powerful to handle images with PSP5 - I should change when possible.
So today I learned something - thanks to your patience.

Again, Merry Christmas to you and your Families.
Olivia

Postby cherub » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:20 am

dsprincis wrote:I have version 5 and I would do it this way: Put all your pictures in your show. Then select the Spring pictures from your time line. Right-click and then select “Use wizard on selected slides” from the box that pops up. You can do this for each of your seasons.

As I don't use the wizard too often, I didn't know this was possible in ver. 5.
Thank you for this information. :D

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks