Text Effect - Selective Letters Creating New Word

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Text Effect - Selective Letters Creating New Word

Postby Auntiebobo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 am

Hi all,

I'm new to the board and would like to get your suggestions on the best way to create the following. For a tribute video I'd like to have a slide with the person's name and then have selective letters drop out of the name to form another word. I'm guessing it would be best to create an .AVI in some other program and then use that in a slide in PSP so I'm open to suggestions or ways to do this in PSP without having to do one layer for every letter.

Thanks,

Jenny

Re: Text Effect - Selective Letters Creating New Word

Postby cherub » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:03 am

Auntiebobo wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to the board and would like to get your suggestions on the best way to create the following. For a tribute video I'd like to have a slide with the person's name and then have selective letters drop out of the name to form another word. I'm guessing it would be best to create an .AVI in some other program and then use that in a slide in PSP so I'm open to suggestions or ways to do this in PSP without having to do one layer for every letter.

Thanks,

Jenny

I'm not really following your reasoning.
If you want to animate your captions, and if you want each letter of the caption to do something (form a different word), then you do need to separate the letters and to move them. Do you know of another program that does that automatically and then saves as video?
In Producer you can do this by having each letter as a separate caption (not layer) and animated individually.

Postby Auntiebobo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:52 am

thanks for responding. I had seen other posts here about other effect software that created .AVI's that could then be brought into PSP but the functionality looked limited. And I was just curious if there was something else out there.

Postby cherub » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 pm

Yes, ProShow imports video clips. But, again, I'm not sure why you are connecting between this and your letters effect.
You can make your title effect in Producer, in one slide, and without any kind of video.

You can either use the captions of Producer, and animate each letter separately, using a line of caption for each letter, and using keyframes to move your letter from position to position. and/or to add adjustments (eg. opacity)
OR
You can use graphic files with your letters, each in a different layer, and again, use keyframes to animate them.
Either way, you don't need to make a separate video for this.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Just to reinforce Mona's answer, I'll add that I've done this one too and it's tedious but not hard if you create the letters as images in an editor and then use them it ProShow. As images, you've got complete flexibility for manipulating them. The only tricky part was getting them to all line up and getting the spacing between the letters to look right. That took some fiddling--the tedious part--but it worked just fine.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby psychogramma » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:40 pm

The only tricky part was getting them to all line up and getting the spacing between the letters to look right.

I have done that by also creating a graphic of the total and using it to position the individuals then removing it (the total). Using a different color for the total makes it easy to tell if the individual is positioned properly.

Enjoy all,
Cathy

Postby cherub » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:08 pm

After rereading this thread, I think that what Jenny was actually asking us, is if we know of any other program, that does this. I think that she must have read somewhere in the forum about BluffTitler or similar, and that people insert those effects in Producer, as video clips. So, she's asking if we know of a better program than BluffTitler (or other that she's read about).

Postby Auntiebobo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Yes, I was hoping there was a program out there that could make this a bit easier and less tedious. But I started working on it directly in PSP and I'm getting close. Thanks for all your responses.

Jenny

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks