How to delay music track?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

How to delay music track?

Postby BruceLimNZ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi,

First time poster. Just downloaded this awesome programme last night, wow, so impressed, I will definitely be purchasing.

Quick question...I have 3 title slides at the start of my slideshow (totalling about 8 seconds), but I don't want my music track to start until the first photo starts.

Any idea on how I can delay the start of the music track so that it starts after the 3 title slides have finished? I had a bit of a hunt around the various menus but I was only able to find a way to trim (rather than delay) the music track.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :D

Bruce

Re: How to delay music track?

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Welcome - there are three ways to do it that come to mind off hand. The first is to set the "offset" for the track - go into the "manage soundtracks" and set the offset to some number of seconds. Second is to "drag" the soundtrack to where you want it - switch to the timeline view (either the tab next to "slide list" or hit the TAB key), hold down the control key and drag the soundtrack to where you want it. The third way (which I like when playing with video etc) is to create some silent clips of 2,5 and 10 seconds for example in an audio editor. Insert one of them in the front then bring in the main sound track and adjust / trim them so they do what you want. That said, I prefer not to have a silent leader on a show - people will start it, run the volume up to try and hear it just as it starts and get a surprise.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: How to delay music track?

Postby BruceLimNZ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Awesome - Thanks gpsmikey for the quick reply. I have much to learn! My thought was to add a "silent" track as well, but I thought surely there would be a better/easier way.

Thank you once again for your assistance, I look forward to having more of a play when I get home tonight.

Much appreicated.

Cheers,

Bruce

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks