2 wedding shows

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

2 wedding shows

Postby reptep » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

This is new to me as I usually just make one big show from everthing.
Making wedding video. Want to seperate the 2 shows so that when you put in the DVD, you can click on either wedding or reception.
I just don't know where to start with this one. The wedding show is 1/2 done already.
Can anyone point me in the right direction or someplace to read about it. Not even sure what to search for

Thank you
Todd

Esteemed Member

Re: 2 wedding shows

Postby reptep » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Sorry just read my post and it didn't make sense

I want to seperate the wedding part of the show to make one thumbnail to show up if they want to watch the wedding portion, and 1 thumbnail to watch the reception part of the video

Do I create 2 different shows and then somehow merge them together to go on 1 DVD.?

I know this is easy but just haven't done it before and need to learn. If I can go somewhere to read about it I will but can't seem to search for the right "word" to find out what I am needing

Thanks again
Todd

Postby psychogramma » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Tod,

I think what you are looking for is "Project".

A project can be made up of one or many shows and you can burn all or part of them to DVD when you are ready.

Should be easy to find in the PSP manual.

Cathy

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 am

Way back in Producer 3, I "compiled" ten shows onto one DVD, the trick being in creating the menu, which is what has the thumbnails you click on to watch this show or that. Granted, I used separate software to create the whole thing because, at the time, it produced more polished menus, but it can be done with Producer.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:02 pm

The first part of the show I have all done and I created it as a show.
So can I start the 2nd part as a project and add that into the show? Then when I render the show file, add the project into the show and then put in 2 different thumbnails? Am I understanding that correctly?

Thank you
Todd

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Well kind of close Todd, but not exactly.

The project is nothing more than a container for shows. Think of it as a three ring binder where you put your show material in marked by TABS (show names). So a Project can contain multiple shows.

When you go to create your output, if you have your Project open, then ProShow will offer to create thumbnails for all of the tabs in your binder. Thus making it a bit easier to create your menu.

The section in the user guide on projects and menu creation are pretty good. Take a look there and I think you will catch on pretty quick. Give it a try and post your question back here?

Regards,
-Vernon

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:12 am

Thanks Vernon
I'll read and post more if I'm confused. I have just always created shows and never worked with projects.

Todd

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:45 am

Ok so maybe I have this right.
I create 3 shows. I then add all three shows to a project. When I render do I render the project or do I render each show seperatly wjem ot asks me which shows to include.? Again I want to have 3 menus for each show on the same DVD.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:43 pm

When you have your three individual shows all completed you just add these shows into one project and create a project menu with your show icons (one for each show).

When you render this project . . . all three shows will be included and you will then be able to select any one of the individual shows to play from the menu or you can just let them play one after the other automatically :-)

Dan

Esteemed Member

Postby reptep » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Thanks Dan. That makes sense now

Todd

Postby Kathy K. » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:08 pm

I am a little confused here. I did a graduation slideshow made up of six different shows. I simply added all the shows in the order I wanted when I created the menu. At least that is what I think I did...this was a few years back. Is this different than making a project? Is doing a project more efficient or does it create a better final product?
~Kathy~

Postby im42n8 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Kathy,

You haven't gotten it wrong. A project is essentially just 0 or more shows (yes, a project can have now shows in it ...). When you have 2 or more, you just place them in the order you want them (or move them up or down the list ... left or right) to get the order you want them to appear in the menu.

You can create a project and then add the shows or, when you have a single show, create a project (to which you then add additional shows).

As Vernon said, a project is simply a "container" (for lack of a better word) for shows.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks