sound track across multiple slides

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

sound track across multiple slides

Postby laavista » Sat May 19, 2012 4:17 pm

I need a sound track to play continuously across 4 slides. When it comes to the transition slide, there's a blip in the sound.

I'm not sure of the solution-- I don't know how to 'match' or 'stretch' the sound across the 4 slides. Another thought is the transition I selected, but I've tried 'no transition' (which equates no sound at all during the transition), I've tried 'cut' with .5 'cut' with 1.0.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Laavista

Re: sound track across multiple slides

Postby cherub » Sat May 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi,

I understand that your sound is long enough to cover all the four slides (??)

If so, have you tried to adjust the settings of the sound?

In Producer 5:
Slide Options > Slide Sound > Sound Timing >
Put a check mark in Continue Playback of Sound After Slide Ends

This setting should continue the sound across all 4 of your slides, and also during the transitions. The length of the transitions should not matter either.

Let me know if this setting solves your problem. If not, there are some other tricks that we can try. :D

Postby gpsmikey » Sat May 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Are you running the latest version of Producer ? Rattling around in the corners of my mind, I sort of remember some version that had an issue with transitions affecting sound attached to a slide. Maybe.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby laavista » Sun May 20, 2012 2:58 am

Thank you both for your replies.

I'm using Producer 4.52.

I have check marked "continue playback of sound after slide ends", but I'm still getting a blip in the sound during the transition.

Thanks for your suggestions, though!
Laavista

Postby cherub » Sun May 20, 2012 3:57 am

I just tested this in ver. 4.52.3053, which is the last ver. of Producer 4.5.
I don't hear any blips during transitions.
Perhaps we are talking about two different things here. How long is your soundtrack?
Or perhaps Mikey is right and there were versions of Producer 4.52 that had problems with sounds during transitions.

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sun May 20, 2012 8:14 am

Hello,

I had PSP 4.5 on my PC an my sound had no "blips" while transition,
but I have "blips" only when I have my voices on Slides and a sound in the background.
My voice goes over 4 slides by 100% , the backgroundsound was 50 % . In the transition the sound comes up to 100% (blips) at all 3 transition.
I contacted Photodex 6 months ago and they said: " they know the problem and they working on a solution" :?:

Be sure that is deaktiviert:
Custom slide sound setting
Override soundtrack during this sound

Best regards Dieter

Postby gpsmikey » Sun May 20, 2012 9:33 am

You don't say which version of 4.5 you have - to the best of my knowledge the last build of 4.5 was 4.52.3053 - make sure you have the latest version available to you (within your year of purchase). You can check for the latest version available to you by logging into Photodex - if you have set up your account there and used that for registering, they will show you what versions of stuff you have purchased and what the latest version is within your year.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Mon May 21, 2012 9:10 am

My version was the latest in 4.5 , the next was 5.0 and my soundproblem (blips)is still current in 5.0 :twisted:
Now I know the expression (blips) in english :lol:

Best regards Dieter

Postby gpsmikey » Mon May 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Which version of 5 do you have ? You need to tell us which build you are using - there have been several released since 5 came out. Is it the current build (3222) ?

Can you put a short sample show up on the Photodex sharing site so we can hear exactly what you are talking about ?

mikey

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Mon May 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Hello Mikey,

yes I have version 5.3222.

Can you put a short sample show up on the Photodex sharing site so we can hear exactly what you are talking about ?

I don't know how I do this -sorry :oops:

My solution is that I adjusting my musicsound max. to 50%, so he is in the background as an accompaniment and when comes my voices by a slide, is the musicsound not so loud and is always correctly adjusted during my show .

Best regards Dieter

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 pm

go to the main Photodex page ( http://www.photodex.com/ ) and in the top right, you will see a "sign in or sign up" button. click that and create an account for yourself (usually with your registration email address). That will allow you to not only see what you have purchased in the past (and the keys if you lose them), but gives you access to sharing shows so others can view them (it is one of the options in the "Publish" page where it says "Proshow Gallery"). When you create/upload a show that way, you will get a link you can pass along to others so they can see your show.

mikey

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Wed May 23, 2012 12:11 am

Hello Mikey,
now I've done it :) It's only a testshow for this forum.
Slide 1 and 6 has only musicsound adjusted 100%.
Slide 2-5 has my voices adjusted 100% and the musicsound has 10%.
The musicsound jumped while the transitions up to 100% (blips).

Sorry it's a bad day.
There is my link: http://www.photodex.com/share/dieterkeifert

Best regards Dieter

Postby gpsmikey » Wed May 23, 2012 7:38 pm

OK, great - I listened to it once and didn't hear what you are talking about, but I put a copy on my desktop and will listen a few more times to see if I can figure out what is going on. Fortunately, your English is MUCH better than my German (2 years in High School ... 40+ years ago :lol: ) One thing that might make it easier to hear what you are talking about is to replace the sound track music with a single tone (say 1 khz) so any deviation is obvious. I'll listen a few more times to this one though (one problem is that I am starting to notice my hearing is "getting old" too :evil: )

mikey

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello Mikey,

I took this music because it's my own music and I have no problem with copyright.

Best regards Dieter

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 24, 2012 7:26 am

It was nice music too, but it is harder to listen for variations on top of variations (the music). Anyway, I will listen to it some more this afternoon (morning here) when I get home. The tone idea as a replacement for the music would just make it easier to hear the "blips" (most audio editors make it very easy to create a simple tone file (or silence if you want)).

mikey

Next

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks