sound track across multiple slides

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

Re: sound track across multiple slides

Postby Dieter » Thu May 24, 2012 8:58 am

Hello Mikey,

I had a Musicsoftware and I made this sound but suddenly I lost the software. I don't know why.
The new software has not a so good soundsoftware - mostly beat, hardrock - it's not so fine for Slideshow's.
I'm still looking at the fine software.
You must listen to the music between my voices, you can listen that the music blips(comes up), and quiet behind my voices. The blips are so loud like the musicsound while the slide 1 and 6.
If you can't hear it I take it new.

The German language is difficult, also sometimes for German's too.

Best regard Dieter

Postby gpsmikey » Fri May 25, 2012 9:06 am

OK, I think I understand what your complaint is - I was looking at the little plants in the forest while you were looking at the big trees - I was listening for a quick "blip" while you are talking about what is happening between the voice over segments between slides. I'll put together a quick demo of what I think you are talking about and how to work around it later today (I'm busy installing a new video card and moving disk drives and partitions around in my machine here, trying very hard to avoid doing something clever like making my machine unbootable or something :lol: )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sat May 26, 2012 12:32 am

Hello Mikey,

yes I think we spoke of various thinks. You spoke and listen of little piks (blips),
and I spoke about the space between my voices.

one problem is that I am starting to notice my hearing is "getting old" too

Don't worry - your hearing is very fine.
Much success with your machine.

Hello laavista,
what is with your problem, is it solved?

Bets regards Dieter

Postby gpsmikey » Sat May 26, 2012 5:42 am

Well, back alive - sort of :shock: Still not sure exactly what I managed to do - I was playing with a utility called HD Tune to measure disk speeds and somehow I managed to delete the 400 gig partition all my digital photos are stored on. Somehow the partition table and head of that partition got trashed (I may have done that trying to figure out why all 3 partitions on that disk "vanished" from windows). Then while trying to un-vanish the missing partition (which was NOT successful), we had a short storm come through that knocked out power and took down my Linux machine that my primary backups are on. Took a while to get it back up running again. Sigh - some days are like that - hopefully it will go better today - about to restore all the photo partition stuff from a backup done several days ago, so that will be current. If all goes well, I will be back to where I was 2 days ago ... progress !! Then I'll build the quick test show for you (I hadn't forgotten you, just had a "minor" problem) :lol:

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sat May 26, 2012 8:47 am

Hello Mikey,

I've sent a report Photodex
The responding:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Photodex. I've sent a report of this situation down the line to the appropriate departments so that they can take a closer look. Any information they relay to me, I will certainly relay it to you in turn. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Best regards,

I think they solve the problem.
Be successful with your Maschine

Best regards Dieter

Postby gpsmikey » Sat May 26, 2012 11:25 am

OK, here is a simple little test I put together -- see if I am correct in what you are asking for - the first segment is like yours, the second one does not have any "blips" between the voice segments. Let me know what you think ...

http://www.photodex.com/share/gpsmikey/48dwcmg4

mikey

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sun May 27, 2012 1:56 am

Hello Mikey,

you are great. Congratulations for your macro photos (close up). Great Slides, I take close up slides
too and I know how difficult it is.
Now to your show. Exactly that is it. The first part is what I mine and the second part is what I would like. :lol:
How do you that??? :idea:

What I can listen too in your show fade in-out is before and after your voices. I can't do that.
How do you that???

I wish you a nice weekend and best regards Dieter

Postby gpsmikey » Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 am

Thanks ! One of those days recently where the bees were busy (beezy?) in the heather in front and I went out and took a bunch of shots. Anyway, I have updated my demo show with some additional testing and information in it. The part that was as you wanted it was done by putting the voice-over segments together in an external audio editor (Sony Audio Studio in this case) so they made one clip with "silence" between the voice segments. I "attached" the resulting single clip to the first slide then adjusted the slide timing to line the voice segments up. Not ideal, but it does work. I had initially assumed that you could simply have voice segments with silence on both ends, overlap the silent portions and get what you wanted. Didn't work that way :evil:

Here is the updated test show I created with more information and tests (and screenshots) in it. I will also pass it along to the Photodex folks with my observations (engineers love examples, graphs, charts and pictures :lol: ):

http://www.photodex.com/share/gpsmikey/wgdwcmg4

mikey

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Mon May 28, 2012 8:41 am

Hello Mikey,

many thanks for your effort. When I come next time to Olympic National Park I invite you to a large cup of coffee and cake - promise.
I hope Photodex solves the problem with the software, then we have all of them.

Thank you very much and best regards Dieter

Previous

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks