CAPTION COPIED OVER TO NEXT SLIDE

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

CAPTION COPIED OVER TO NEXT SLIDE

Postby Maria Rose » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:26 pm

I love ProShow Producer, and I have a question about carrying a caption over to the next slide.

I did follow the instructions from this forum by copying captions to the next slide, and though it does this correctly, I have a problem in the transition between the previous slide/transition caption and the copied caption on the 2nd slide. The transition between the 2-captions is not smooth. I have tried fade out/fade in, but with no real success. (I want one continues caption staying to the end of the 2nd slide.)

Can this be tweaked in any special way so as to avoid the small flash that occurs when the second slide time begins?

Sorry if my description confuses what I am trying to say. Thanks.

Re: CAPTION COPIED OVER TO NEXT SLIDE

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:03 pm

I can't answer your question, but I do know others have had exactly the same problem, so you're not alone. Let's hope someone who has solved it sees your question.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby DonM » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:55 pm

You may want to try this:

Select both slides. Right click on one slide and select "combine slides" Then add the caption.

A back door solution.

Don

Postby Bart_B » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:03 pm

That's essentially what I was going to suggest.
DonM wrote:Select both slides. Right click on one slide and select "combine slides" Then add the caption.

In other words both photos in one slide in two layers. Easy then to fade out/in from one photo to the next while doing whatever you want with the caption. A few keyframes and you are in business.

Bart

Postby psychogramma » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:35 pm

If for some reason you need/want to keep it on two slides:

- Check box to "included in slide transition effect" for both slides
- on the first slide make sure the caption has no fly out effect and the last keyframe is located at the far right
- on the second slide make sure there is no fly in effect and the first keyframe is located to the far left

That should work fine with any of the wipe transitions. The others you would have to test.

Cathy

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:31 am

Cathy, there's a memory in my head of it not working well with all transitions, but I could be confusing two different situations. Do you remember anything like this?

Barbara

Postby cherub » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:25 am

Maria Rose wrote:I love ProShow Producer, and I have a question about carrying a caption over to the next slide.

I did follow the instructions from this forum by copying captions to the next slide, and though it does this correctly, I have a problem in the transition between the previous slide/transition caption and the copied caption on the 2nd slide. The transition between the 2-captions is not smooth. I have tried fade out/fade in, but with no real success. (I want one continues caption staying to the end of the 2nd slide.)

Can this be tweaked in any special way so as to avoid the small flash that occurs when the second slide time begins?

Sorry if my description confuses what I am trying to say. Thanks.

There is a function in Producer named Match. In Producer 5, you can find it in Caption Effects, on the right top side of your screen. In Producer 4.x it is located beneath the caption motion screens.
Once you copied your caption to the second slide (as you did), use this function.
If you use Match in your first slide, you need to choose "Match End to Next Slide).
After doing this, you will notice that your keyframes get colored in yellow, and you will see a continuation of the caption keyframes in both slides.
If you use this procedure, you can use any kind of transition between your slides, and no matter how long. Your caption will always be on top of the transition.

Hope this helps :D

Postby psychogramma » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:15 am

BarbaraC wrote:Cathy, there's a memory in my head of it not working well with all transitions, but I could be confusing two different situations. Do you remember anything like this?

Barbara,
I don't share that memory, but then my main hard drive is old and subject to data loss. :(
I do remember working this out for something of my own and finding that the wipes would work. Then again, this is the same ole mind subject to data loss -the one that can't remember where she left her coffee cup sometimes. :lol:

Cathy

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:29 am

Cathy, if you and I got together, maybe you could remember where my coffee is and I could remember where yours is. Either we'd end up happily drinking our own coffee or happily drinking each other's coffee. Regardless, we'd be happy.

Barbara

Postby Magmatic » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Match is a way to do this I did not know about.

Another way is in Caption Settings, Caption Setup: check Slide transition Included in slide transition effect.

In 4.5, the same function required you to click those little T icons on the Effects tab. I guess the new way is clearer.
David Shuford

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks