I'm sure it's just my own stupidity, BUT...

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

I'm sure it's just my own stupidity, BUT...

Postby serloren » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Let me describe this as I'm "seeing" it, and perhaps someone can point out (what I am sure is the VERY) obvious way to do what I want/need to do.

Picture a string of slides (say 20) that each have a caption inside them, and the total "running" time is say 3:00 minutes (varying lengths on each slide and/or transition between them).

How do I add/insert/place a 3:00 minute video clip into the project so that it all runs as one continuous motion clip (say a turning ferris wheel or something) for the whole 3 minutes, with each caption coming in and leaving at those specified times/lengths.

Using several chopped up clips in each slide holder joined with no transition time will not work at all, as the video is not going to be as simple as a repeating wheel turn etc, but will have adds/changes during it.

Like I said, I am sure I am just totally missing how to go about this, because it just seems way to NEEDED to not be a function of the program. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless!!

Re: I'm sure it's just my own stupidity, BUT...

Postby anitaemile » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Make one slide instead of 20,with total length of the video, place captions in that slide with each caption their own keyframes ( say first caption has its first kf at 0 and its last kf at 4 seconds, second caption has its first kf at 4 seconds and its last kf at 8 seconds etc) Just put those 20 captions on the one slide.. :D

Postby serloren » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:16 pm

I had an idea that it would involve keyframes (which I haven't yet used), but didn't really know. So, to be clear, I can place as many captions on one slide as I want, and I can use keyframes to time when they appear/move/disappear from the slide?

Kewl! Thanks! Now to go teach myself how... :-)

A flute without any holes is not a flute
A doughnut without any holes is a danish (Caddyshack) ;-)

Postby anitaemile » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Yep.. Keyframes.. You have to learn keyframing..

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks