adjusting the size of slide options window

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

adjusting the size of slide options window

Postby greengirl » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:27 am

I know when I hear the answer to this I'm going to feel really dumb, but here goes. I have searched all over for a way to reduce the size of the slide options window. It had been fine, and now for some unknown reason it is so large that I can't see the whole window on my screen. I have tried clicking everything, including the very top bar which says "size" but it is not highlighted. I looked in the manual and can't find anything that addresses this. Also tried under "edit", "preferences", but no luck. Help anyone?

Sheilah

Re: adjusting the size of slide options window

Postby cherub » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:31 am

In Slide Options, look for the icon that looks like a gear wheel, at the bottom of the screen

Postby greengirl » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:50 am

I can't see the bottom of the screen and can't get to it!

Postby greengirl » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:04 am

I just realized I put this in the wrong place and have posted it in Troubleshooting. Sorry, I'm having that kind of a morning!

Sheilah

Postby im42n8 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:42 am

If the window is too large, you may need to change some preferences. It's easy to select an option that gives you a screen that is much larger than what your monitor provides. I am not at my computer where the program is at the moment so I can't give you the exact place to make the settings changes. BUT, if all else fails and you can't get the program to limit the window size to that of your monitor size, go into the folder where the program is installed and remove (or rename) the file with the extension .CFG.

Then, when you open the program again, go through your settings preferences again. Keep the 1920x1080 setting alone (the default) and set your rendering setting to the screen resolution. I can't remember which settings are for the windows, but one of the options somewhere in the preferences is to allow windows larger than the monitor ... you do NOT want that option. You want it to limit the options to keep the window within the limits of the monitor size.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby greengirl » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:05 am

Got it! Thanks so much for your help, Dale and Mona.

Sheilah

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks