Probably the wrong section for this query

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Probably the wrong section for this query

Postby euchreman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:16 am

Hello everyone, have upgraded to Proshow 5. Prior to deployment with the Royal Marines to Afghanistan my son got married, (has come back safe). Armed with my new, yet problematic Canon SLR, ( its been back but still not right ), decided to take a short video of the wedding dinner.
My headache is trying to set the short video as a background to some slides. I am probably missing something trivial in my rush to complete the 3 part show that I am constructing. Too much going on whilst he was away I let it lasp, and now he is away again I would like to complete it
Any help is much appreciated.

Peter

Re: Probably the wrong section for this query

Postby trulytango » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:20 am

Sorry, but you can't actually use a video cllip as a true background layer. If you want it to appear as a background and have photos come and go on top of it, you will have to bring in the video as the bottom layer and use keyframes to introduce and control your other images on top, as the video plays.
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 am

Pretty much what she says, but you might want to read through the response I just made to another similar request in the forum ... viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19649 and see if any of those ideas work for you. There is NOT a simple way to do it, but there are several ways to get there if you are willing to use some additional tools.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby euchreman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:36 am

Thankyou both for the replies
Was hoping to just use Proshow as a standalone, maybe misled by something I had seen posted possibly on the photodex site. It probably can be done on a labour intensive day, but I guess I will look at the alternate programs I have for digital work. The old grey matter is not absorbing the information as it used to.
Thankyou both for taking the time to reply.

Peter

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:03 am

euchreman wrote:Thankyou both for the replies
... The old grey matter is not absorbing the information as it used to.

Peter

I hear you there !! I'll be 62 this year and a number of folks here are old enough to have pictures they took of the dinosaurs (my kids want to know what happened to my dinosaur shots :twisted: )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks