PS5 - How 2 copy layer start position to end?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

PS5 - How 2 copy layer start position to end?

Postby david-k » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:36 am

Hi,
Help! I feel so dumb but copying the start position of a layer to the end position was a one click possibility in the copy option of a layer in prior versions. I have not found how to do this in PS5. If anyone can instruct me I would be delighted.
Thanks David

Re: PS5 - How 2 copy layer start position to end?

Postby trulytango » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:03 am

Click the button labelled 'Copy' at the bottom of the Effects screen. Looks like its now done via keyframes i.e. copy to next/previous keyframe as opposed to start/end... unless I've missed something. For such a frequently used and essential tool, the button appears to be miles away from the action :?
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby im42n8 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:59 am

Actually, there's a "Copy to Next Keyframe" or "Copy to Previous Keyframe" menu selection when you right click over a keyframe. If there's no next (such as when you're on the last keyframe) or no previous keyframe (for instance, you're on the first keyframe), that menu option won't appear. It's the only way to do it no. I think the theory was that the option should exist as a keyframe, not a generic, option. Hence why it's only available directly from the keyframe.

Just one of MANY changes!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby david-k » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:51 am

Thanks for the input - i did in fact notice this, but what if there is only one layer and one keyframe? I will check out when i gat back to the computer.

Postby trulytango » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:15 am

A single layer has two keyframes. If you set a size or position for the start (keyframe 1) and want the end position (keyframe 2) to be the same as the start, use the Copy to next keyframe... either via the 'Copy' button or the right-click-on-the-keyframe as Dale describes. Thanks Dale!
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby im42n8 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:32 am

David,

We all have to get used to this new user interface ... and it can be (very) confusing at times. Especially when we find that the thing we're looking for is right there in front of us!

As Iris noted, EVERY layer has two keyframes. Like in Gold, they represent the layer's starting and ending positions.

If you look at the Slide Options | Effects, notice the ">>" to the right of Motion and "<<" to the right of Adjustments. Clicking on this button will let you see settings for the next and/or previous keyframes. Clicking on it again will reduce it back to the default setting where both Motion and Adjustments settings for the current keyframe are displayed. The current keyframe is identified by the blue line that goes from the bottom center of the main preview to one of the keyframes.

How're ya doing Iris? :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby trulytango » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:59 am

I'm fine Dale, thanks. Just one of the less 'enthusiastic' Proshow Enthusiasts these days...

I've lost my mojo.

Iris :(

Postby tdew » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:01 pm

I'd like it if we could set our preferences so that each slide would open with the first keyframe highlighted, instead of whichever you used last.

Postby david-k » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 am

Thanks everyone for your input and helping me resolve this issue.
David

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks