Keyframing - adding new pic with keyframes 3 & 4

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Keyframing - adding new pic with keyframes 3 & 4

Postby drury » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Trying to get a 3D effect. I can get Keyframe 1 to start with pic 1 and then to twist right to left to finish end on (no pic) Keyframe 2.

Now want to add pic 2 end on at keyframe 3 where keyframe 2 ends and to finish full frame Keyframe 4 - as though the pic makes a 180 degree turn with the new pic at 90 degrees- but stuck on how . Any advice to help me after an excessive amount of time playing without success.

In other words I want the pic to turn over showing its other side.

Cheers, Derek

Re: Keyframing - adding new pic with keyframes 3 & 4

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Here's what I'd do. I would add 2 keyframes between the default 2. So, let the slide time be 8s. For the sake of argument for this exercise, assume the transition time on either side of the slide is 0s.

Image 1. KF1 is at 0s, kf2 is at 3s, and kf3 is at 5s
Image 2. KF1 is at 3s, kf2 is at 5s, and kf3 is at 8s

Assume both images are at Pan-x, Pan-y = 0,0; rotation = 0; vertical tilt=0; and rotation center x, y is 0,0.
Also, both images are exactly the same size. Set the horizontal tilt as given below.

Image 1 will start at kf1 and end at kf3. Image 2 will start at kf1 and end at kf3. Place image 1 in LAYER 1 and Image 2 in LAYER 2.

Image 1 will change it's horizontal tilt (tilt-hz) starting on kf2 so set kf2 tilt-hz to a checkmarked 0 (turns auto value off). At keyframe 3 set tilt-hz to 90.

Image 2 will change it's horizontal tilt on kf1. Set its value to -90.The tilt-hz should be 0 at kf2.

Now, as image 1 rotates horizontally, image 2 will start fading into view (and both are rotating at the same time by the same amount). By the time image 2 is facing full-on in the screen, you will only see image 2.

If this isn't exactly what you were looking for, it will get you there! Hope it helps.

Dale

PS there are a number of ways of doing this. What's given above is just the most direct I can think of. Also, if you want the back side of the image after it's rotated (vs becoming another image), just hold it at the 180 degree point of its rotation (tilt-hz). Instead of having each image fade out and/or over another, just move them out of the way of the other image before, after, or during the rotation.

An image is considered edge-on at its 90 point of rotation (and every increment 180 degrees thereafter). It's considered face-on at 0 and 180 (and each increment of 180 degrees thereafter). Now, at every rotation value of 180 (and each increment of 360 degrees of rotation thereafter), the face-on layer is also a horizontally (or vertically) reversed image. At 0 (and at increments of 360 degrees thereafter) the face-on image is a normal faced image (vs a reverse version of it). Hope that clears up any confusion (or didn't make it any worse)!

PSS Changed layer rotation from 180 to 90 (don't know WHAT I was thinking at the time!)
Changed each layer to be 3 keyframes each. Put the intial image as layer 1 and the next as layer 2.
The images switch with the rotation reaches edge-on rotation. This should be MUCH clearer. Sorry about that! (I was working away from my own computer at the time ...).

All this does is rotate 2 images, using tilt horizontal, so that image 2 appears on the backside of image 1 as the rotation (tilt) goes past 90 degrees (had the 2nd image NOT been there, and the tilt for layer 1 was 180 instead of 90, the image would have been reversed...
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby drury » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi there, I'm most grateful for your detailed instructions which I'm going to have to work through gradually. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Thanks and Cheers, Derek

Postby drury » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:47 am

Hi Dale,

Layer 1 -Image 1 - KF2 - Tilt-Hz = 0 / KF3 - Titl-Hz = 90
Layer 2 - Image 2 under Image 1 using Ctrl key whilst dragging pic - KF1 - Tilt-Hz = -90 / KF2 - Tilt-Hz = 0

I think I put in the correct values, but it is not working I'm afraid - sorry to be so thick.

Look at - http://www.photodex.com/share/drury/bgw8cmg4 and you'll see what I have got so far. Excuse pics as just out of camera.

I'm trying to make a picture turn over and show its reverse side - different pic on this new side of course.

So sorry more help required please.

Cheers, Derek

Postby dsprincis » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:40 am

Derek, following worked for me using Dale's instructions regarding the Horizontal Tilt.
If your slide is 8 seconds long:
Layer 1 = KF1 is at 0 sec, KF2 is at 2 sec, KF3 is at 4 seconds
Layer 2 = KF1 is at 4 sec, KF2 is at 6 sec, KF3 is at 8 seconds.
If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll send you the slide style I created.
Darlene

Postby drury » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:25 am

Hi Darlene and Dale,

Using your info Darlene as to key framing times and Dale's Tilt-Hz numbers - Success!!

Grateful thanks to you both.

Cheers, Derek

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks