3D effect How do I achieve this?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

3D effect How do I achieve this?

Postby trailertrash » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:37 am

I love the new 3D flip effect. Been waiting for that for a while. Got very excited by V5 and went ahead and paid for it before I installed it to discover I'm still within my 12 month upgrade slot. Contacted Photodex and got an immediate refund. Well done Photodex.

Now my question. I've got the hang of the ' Page Turn ' effect using the 3D flip and revealing the next page/image.
However I dont want to see the reverse side of the newly turned image. I'd prefer this to be blank [white] or be able to attach another image to the turning image/page so that shows a new blank colour or image when it completes its turn/flip. I know I can add another layer under the top one and keyframe it to turn at the same time, but it only shows the original image when the turn completes. I hope I have explained this correctly.

I posed this question to Photodex yesterday and they seem to be off scratching their heads. I'm willing to bet someone in here will have an answer.

Andrew

Re: 3D effect How do I achieve this?

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 am

There's no way around it: To show a different image on the flip side, you have to have a separate layer.

If you want the flip side to be, say, white, you can raise its Black Point up to 100%, but you'll have to time it well so the white side appears at just the right moment.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby trailertrash » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:18 am

Barbra Thats the work around. I just knew someone here would find a way.
I added a new key frame [3] almost on top of KF 2 right at the apex of the turn and set the black point to 100. then KF 4 finished the turn with the ' back side ' completely white. This does give the impression of turning a page with only one side printed. Exactly what I wanted. Your a genius.

Many thanks

Andrew

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:07 am

Andrew, I'm not a genius. I've simply used Producer long enough to have increased the size of my bag of tricks. :D

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby trailertrash » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:08 am

Hi Barbra, At my age someone who can help me with a problem I cant solve is definately a genius :)
So I'm going to push my luck just a little further and ask another question:

I can get 2 layers into position with the center point in the correct place to enable them both to turn at the same time. I thought that the bottom layer, if keyframed the same as the top layer would be the layer which was visible after they had flipped.However its the top layer which is still showing [ the reverse side].

I wonder if you would be kind enought to try this and see where I'm going wrong.

Andrew

Edit:

I think I have the answer.
Keyframe 3 - layer 1. In the last solution you suggested changing the black point to create the white BG. for the solution to showing layer 2 after the flip, reduce the opacity of layer 1 at the apex [90] in KF 3. add layer 3 behind layer 2 and it turns the page to reveal page 2 and 3. I said it before....genius.

Andrew

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:57 am

Andrew, and who's the genius now?! Good thinking!

Barbara

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks