Filename macro with Load Live Image fails

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Filename macro with Load Live Image fails

Postby grd » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 am

Hi, I have a simple slideshow with about 15 photos in it that I change out regularly (daily). Each photo also has a text caption (person's name + other info). I manually change the photos and captions daily. I'm looking for a way to simplify this task. I tried "Load Live Image from Folder" in the Layer Settings and that works great for loading up the photos. Then I discovered the Insert Macro in Captions, \f would insert the file name, so I renamed each file to what I wanted the caption to be. When running the show, the 1st slide works great, but after that, the caption does not change (but the photo does). It seems the macro does not pick up the new file name from Load Live Image.

Just checking here to see if I'm missing something or maybe someone has another idea to simplify this task. Thanks.

G

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Filename macro with Load Live Image fails

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:39 am

You have not missed anything. The caption is loaded when you apply it to the image. In order to pick up the change, you will need to delete and re-apply the caption, as you have already surmised. Put a feature request into Photodex. They are pretty responsive on things like that.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby grd » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks Vernon, I will do that.

I should also mention that my test show only had a single slide in it, I set it to loop when creating the output. The loop does pick up the next photo. Might be helpful for someone wanting to create a fast slide show.

G

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:07 pm

G:

I noticed you posted your feature request here at the forum, but I wanted to make sure you also did the same directly with Photodex. It's possible that someone from Photodex may see your request here at the forum, but this forum isn't monitored by Photodex or utilized for that purpose and there is no guarantee that it will be seen by anyone that can make use of the request. The "Feature Requests" section here at the forum is more for the members to brainstorm and come up with suggestions that can then be forwarded to Photodex for their consideration.

Sorry for any confusion.

Mike

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks