Motion Effects

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Motion Effects

Postby drbgaijin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:26 pm

This must be due to a very simple step that I am omitting.
When I am in Effects/ Motion Effects and, let us say, I want to zoom in on a slide.
I adjust the right hand keyframe (outgoing).
Sometimes both the incoming keyframe and the outgoing keyframe adjust simultaneously.
I try clicking on the outgoing keyframe first. But still both keyframes adjust.
After some other attempts I can suddenly adjust only the outgoing keyframe.

What step am I missing, so that I can always get only one keyframe to adjust?

Regards,
Douglas
Born and raised in Scotland, worked in Sweden, now maturing in Japan

Re: Motion Effects

Postby im42n8 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:39 pm

"Motion" (pan, zoom, rotation, etc) occurs between keyframes. Let's say your slide has 3 keyframes and you set keyframes 1 and 3 to a pan-x of -50 and you set keyframe 2 to a pan-x of 50. From kf1 to kf2 the layer center will move from -50 to 50. From kf2 to kf3, the layer center will move from 50 to -50.

Now, add a keyframe between kf2 and kf3. Now, set kf3 (the just added keyframe) to 50. Now, the layer center will move from -50 (keyframe 1) to 50 (keyframe 2). It will stay at 50 during the time between keyframes 2 and 3. Finally, the layer center will move from 50 to -50 between keyframes 3 and 4.

The key to remember is that the space between keyframes is where change occurs. Each keyframe represents a starting point and/or a ending point. The starting point is the keyframe to the left and the ending point is the keyframe to the right.

This applies to zoom, pan, rotation, brightness, opacity, etc.

At kf1 you start with a zoom of 30 which ends at kf2 (its left side) with a zoom of 80. Kf2 starts with a zoom of 80 (it right side) and ends at kf3 with a zoom of 80 (the left side of kf3). Kf3 starts (on the right side) with a zoom of 80 and ends with a zoom of 30 at the left side of kf4.

I hope that makes sense to you (and I didn't make it as clear as mud!) :)

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi Douglas,
In addition to what Dale mentioned above:

How many keyframes does your image have? Only two or more ? If you only have 2 keyrfames, the automatic adjustment that you mention should not occur.

The way you describe things, it sounds to me that you have more than two keyframes on that image.
It sounds to me that you may have 3 or more, and that you are trying to adjust the last keyframe (perhaps kf 3), while the beginning of your slide is at kf. 1. Keyframe no. 2 is perhaps somehow forgotten?
If kf2 has a zoom value set at automatic adjustments (with a green light next to your zoom values instead of a blue light), then what you are describing does occur.
You may wish to delete the extra keyframe in the middle (if you don't need it), OR you may change the green lights of the zoom and pan values to blue by clicking on them. In this case, you will have to enter new values, and to adjust the pan and zoom values also at the end of you slide.

Hope this helps.

Postby drbgaijin » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:52 am

Thank you both for two useful bits of advice.
The main thing I have missed was the green colours beside certain parameters.
By switching them off I was able to achieve what I wanted. However I am sure there is a more efficient way of doing it.
Now it is getting late here in Japan.
Tomorrow I will make a short sequence as a screen-captured video to show what I am trying to do, and see if anyone can point me to the best/correct way to do it.
Regards,
Douglas
Born and raised in Scotland, worked in Sweden, now maturing in Japan

Postby Oldguy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:03 am

I may not understand your problem. But, I have
found that unless I use the use the "copy Start to End"
Of the previous key frames (that did not have movement)
both keyframe settings will change settings.

Forrest

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 am

Forrest, Mona's answer involving Auto vs. Manual motion is your key. You don't have to use Copy Start to End if you click that green marker (Auto) and thus switch it to blue (Manual). However, if you use the Copy function, this will also switch the keyframe from auto to manual. Check it out the next time you do the copying, keeping your eye on those green and blue colors.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Oldguy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks Barbara! I liked to have never found
any thing that was "Blue" or "Green". But I
did find the itty bitty buttons next to motion
parameters. ( wonder what else I haven't found )
LOL

Anyway thanks a bunch Barbara!! Merry Christmas!!!

Forrest

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Forrest, there are any number of us older citizens who were quite upset when, in the process of changing the interface, Photodex decided to change from the original contrasting colors. If I'm remembering correctly--and chances are I'm not--they were originally red and green, and then they changed them to red and amber (or was it green and amber?)--but whatever the colors, those of us with "mature" eyes stopped being able to see when something was auto or manual without pressing our noses to the screen. All I can figure is that everyone who works at Photodex is under 40. :(

Merry Christmas right back at ya!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby chezeury » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:43 am

This place is amazing. I always learn something reading what someone else is having a problem with even if I am not having that exact same problem.

I just dove into playing with proshow by learning it as I go, and figuring out things as I needed them and saw those green markers but never really paid attention to them. Funny thing is I have had quite a bit of frustration with the program automatically setting times for my keyframes when I didn't want it to, and didn't realize the solution was so simple.

So thank you all, this will save me so much time!

:-)
Maggie
To see my slideshows visit:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chezeury
my photography can be seen at:
http://www.maggieterlecki.com

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks