Rotation Center Changes; A little Demo of what's possible

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Rotation Center Changes; A little Demo of what's possible

Postby im42n8 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:54 pm

This is simply a demonstration of a couple effects that look fairly simple. Producer users, however, might notice some things never seen before. This shows a little of what's possible if the power of rotation center change is effectively utilized.

You'll note that the center image changes size during a rotation ... but the side images stay "attached" to its side as it does, rotating with it.

Some other things you might notice are the very narrow outlines around the image and the white frame. Then, you might also notice that when rotation occurs, the images are not rotating on their centers. Instead, they're rotating around some other rotation point and their rotation is coordinated with that of the center image. The side images rotate as if actually attached to the center image's sides (no matter their size under the mask or position).

You might also notice that the side image and its center image counterpart share size and position characteristics. That is, the look of one is exactly the same as the other. Further, you might notice that some of the rotations occur while the images (side or center) are in motion. For these side images in particular, this has never been seen before ... a feat previously considered impossible or too difficult to achieve.

What is also being demonstrated here is the continuous calculation of rotation center and modifier-based zoom following (that is, a 2nd version of zoom following). Modifier-based zoom changes occur for layers that do and do not change their base zoom value during the slidetime. This particular type of zoom is not as straightforward as you might think because of how ProShow implemented the zoom feature.

All of these changes are calculated on the fly. No user calculations are involved. Further, these particular effects will work equally well for any image with an aspect less than or equal to an aspect of 16:9.

Anyone who has attempted a similar effect will appreciate that looks can be deceiving. You'll recognize that simple is only in how it looks.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Rotation Center Changes; A little Demo of what's possible

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:46 am

Dale, I doubt many (if any) of us could accomplish what you've managed as shown in the demo. The kind of calculations required to get everything in such perfect sync are daunting to even think about.

Well done!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cherub » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:39 am

im42n8 wrote:Anyone who has attempted a similar effect will appreciate that looks can be deceiving. You'll recognize that simple is only in how it looks.
Dale

Quite right !! :D
I can't even begin to understand the calculations involved in this !

Postby NikonDutch » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Okay Dale,

I'm in awe! What time do the classes start. Great transition and change.
Dutch
Dutch Walters Photography
Nikon is our flavor
CS5, LR (latest) and now Producer what else could we need.

Postby Oldguy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:25 pm

If I was supposed to "Guess" who figured this out,
Dale would have been at the top of my list of
people. Very nice!

Forrest

Postby im42n8 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks Barbara, Mona, NikonDutch, and Forrest!

This stuff is hard to do right, but nowhere near as hard as it used to be. I worked on the underlying engine for this effect for much of the last month or so. One little "requirement" let to another. Pretty soon I had a full support engine that only requires the entry of the image's dimensions and any zoom adjustment. After that, I can enter any keyframes and associated pan settings to control the image movement and size, and I have lots of options. The really nice thing is that I don't have to do any calculations at all (they're all done for me). So, when I use these styles, basically I just make any changes associated with any other slideshow ... and I don't have to figure out how to use it (I just have to decide if I want image size changes and/or movements or not.

In the process of doing this I learned a bunch more on how to work around Photodex's implementation of zoom so that I could change the zoom of one layer relative to that of another (again, in an automated fashion). Knowing how ProShow does some of its stuff is key to getting the most out of the program. Sometimes tho, it's like pulling eye-teeth! :)

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks