I Need A Collage Tip

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Esteemed Member

I Need A Collage Tip

Postby Robino » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:17 am

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase collage styles like the ones Mark Ridout uses at the end of his wedding videos http://www.photodex.com/share/mark_ridout/4g2dcmg4 . I am doing a drag racing video for a client and would love to display the cars in a collage like this.

Also, the font that he uses that sprinkles down like rain - how do we make that?

Thanks Robin

Re: I Need A Collage Tip

Postby cinderellen » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:17 am

If you're doing this for a one-shot deal, this won't work for you but if you have a use for this on a regular basis, you might be interested in this program although not inexpensive. That's why I said if you are only using it for this project, not what you're looking for.

There is a trial download if you want to check it out.

http://www.lumapix.com/index.shtml

Ellen

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Thanks Ellen -- I am sure I would use it alot, do you use it?
Last edited by Robino on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby cinderellen » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:00 pm

I haven't yet but just downloaded the trial. I heard about this and talked with attendees who were using it at the Photodex Conference last year and had it in my notes to check out but sort of forgot about it until your question and then looking at Mark's show. It is similar if not the same program, I would say.

Postby tdew » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:11 am

I have it and have made good use of it for collages and many other uses. If you want to print something the results are terrific.
A daughter gave me a cookie tin that allowed me to send a picture to be imprinted. I made a collage of the 5 grandchildren in different poses and sent that to them. The company was impressed - and wanted to know what program I'd used to make it.
2010 grands by ttdew99, on Flickr

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:35 am

How do I make the aspect 16:9? Can the Canvas be sized?

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 am

If you don't want to go to the expense of buying another piece of software, have a look at Steve Patterson's Photoshop tutorial at http://www.photoshopessentials.com/phot ... e-cluster/

The example uses just one image but it can be adapted to display many and, of course, you can make the overall size and number/shape of pictures as required.

Des

Postby dsprincis » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:50 am

This isn't a ProShow style, but "Picasa" software from Google is another way to make collages...and it's free and easy.
Darlene

image2 by Darlene2020, on Flickr

Postby tdew » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:51 am

Robin, It's extremely flexible.
I have the program for a long time now, but haven't used it too much in recent years.
Since I started looking at it today, I realized that I've not yet brought it over to my Windows 7 machine, so there are probably a lot of improvements that I don't know about yet.

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks Tdew, I've been playing with it and figured it out.

Darlene, I definitely will look into Picasa. Thanks

Postby SherryJB » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Robin -

I use the FotoFusion by Lumapix as well. It's really more than I need, but pretty easy to use.

You asked about the font that Mark Rideout uses that "rains" down. That's a good description. That's not a caption option in ProShow at this time. He must have done that slide in a video editing program of some sort and imported the file.

Sherry B.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks