Making legs and arms move

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Re: Making legs and arms move

Postby nancyrbogen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:55 am

Here I am again, Joe.

I decided to compare a psd identical with a png, and I must say that I was quite surprised:

--no difference in quality

--png was 182kb --psd was 771kb

As for ram, my man put in 4 identical sticks of 5 to make 20 in all.

I am having multiple problems uploading my latest show to vimeo. Over the weekend, I called Proshow tech support, and a techy gave me a bad steer, and I refused to deal with him anymore. I've now written them. The situation is sort of desperate because the composer whose music I'm using is very ill.

That's it.

Nancy

Postby heckydog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:07 pm

You got the answer to one question resolved, png vs psd.

The issue with vimeo could be temporary. Uploading from outside of PSP can give you an idea on that.

a 5GB stick sounds like an unusual size. But 20GB of RAM should be puuuhhhlenty to get all your work done. I have 12GB and sometimes things bog down a tad when I have 3 or 4 Adobe apps open at one time. But that's unusual. Maybe on my next build I'll go for 16GB :)

Joe

Postby nancyrbogen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:27 pm

I got some good advice from someone in Adobe's PS forum (I think). He said to keep my original PSDs as file copies and use the PNGs generated from same in my Producer show.

BTW, I was unable to load my new show into vimeo because it's over 4 gigs. So now I've cut away the final section of the work and am generating a new avi to send UP there (why I think of UP I don't know). Hopefully it will come in under the line of 4.

There is some urgency because the composer of the music I'm using is very ill, and his wife, the dancer in the piece, is etc etc....

You can see a weak-tea version of the whole thing without cuts as a Flash file (I suppose) in my Producer Share Gallery; it's called AGAINST THE COLD. The audio sounds awful.

I myself am terribly unhappy about everything, and my techy is urging me to find another program. But I can't even begin considerering that until I get this work up and running.

Best,
Nancy

Postby anitaemile » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:30 pm

Nancy

I haven't read the entire thread, but for what I understand is you are struggling to make some dancer move her /his legs while zooming. I assume you know how to make a png from the dancer. If you make one with only the body, and one of each leg separately you end up with three pngs. If you fit those together you have the entire dancer, but to move the legs you need to change the rotation center of the leg pngs. Place the rotation center of the legs there where the hip would be. If you got that accomplished you can then rotate the legs a bit inward or outward. Is this what you are trying to accomplish?
Anita

Postby nancyrbogen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Ja.

Postby anitaemile » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:07 pm

OK, if this is what you want to accomplish , go ahead and change the center of rotation of the legs. You will be able to see the center of rotation in the preview window if you right click on the viewer and enable " layer caption controls". Now find the center or rotation so it's where the hip joint should be. You will now be able to move the layers and rotate the legs without the legs wandering off while zooming. You can watch some of my styles in the Leisure and Unbounded series where I have used this technique .
Last edited by anitaemile on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby nancyrbogen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:38 pm

< Leisure and Unbounded series >

I'm sorry, where is that?

Postby anitaemile » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:42 pm

Oh sorry, that's at http://www.outsidethebox.name under style series.

See styles : Parade ( last one in Leisure series) and Up upon the wall ( first one of the Unbounded series)

Postby nancyrbogen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:16 pm

Will do as soon as I finish this [iece I'm working on--for future reference. 8)

Postby nancyrbogen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 am

Hi friends,

I'd like to share some of my experiences on this project with you all.

I generated my show (which consists, with illustrations, of a poem, a piece of music, and another poem) as an avi for posting in my gallery on vimeo, this according to the specs for rendering an avi for video in Producer and with the help and encouragement of 3 different Proshow tech people over the course of a number of days. The rendering took something like 9 hours, and, alas, the avi weighed in at 6.15 gigs--too much for the vimeo limit, which is 5 gigs.

There are 8 video layers in the work, which are all oversized. I decided, as an experiment, to save one of the slides as a test and to cut the video in it down from 5 minutes to 30 seconds. The new file did not show an appreciable reduction in file size--not the dramatic drop that I needed.

En passant, I discovered that one curious feature of the rendering for an avi for video feature in Producer is that you don't know what in terms of file size you got until you get it. 8)

I also discovered that while I can edit a video in Premiere directly from Producer, In the end, I have to generate a new video with a new name and then add (instead of substitute) it to my file list in Proshow. :roll:

I also discovered that for strictly video-cutting purposes, Windows Movie Maker is far more convenient and user-friendly. :P

I am now, sort of patienly, waiting for Producer to cough up a new avi of my show. This will be without the second poem, and hopefully this will result in a file size of no more than 5 gigs, so that I can upload it to vimeo. If it turns out to be over 5 gigs, I'll go to a second plan, which is to bring back Part 3 and divide the show up into three parts for loading onto vimeo.

Needless to say, under the circumstances, I decided not to cut up my dancer-psds and make the legs move. Maybe in another life.

If anyone has any suggestions, please don't hesitate...

With chin trembling but up,
Nancy

Postby nancyrbogen » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:27 pm

FYI, For a number of personal reasons, I decided to keep it simple for this show, and it is now up on vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/31887303

More importantly, the dancer, to whom I sent first, reacted with one word: Wonderful! And that was good enough for me.

I've printed out all of your kind words and helpful suggestions, and I'll look them over carefully before I embark on another such adventure.

Best & thanks,
Nancy

Previous

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks