Slide still standing

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Slide still standing

Postby fchojinski » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:12 am

Hi,

as an absolute newb i hope i do not stress your patience to much. I have downloaded a trial version of psp and want to make a presentation, that runs at the entrance of our company. Most things are ease to learn with try and error, but one i can not find: When all elements of an slide are started (transition in), how do i let them "stand still" to allow our visitors to read the text? I hope you understand my problem even with my bad english and perhaps you can give me an hint.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Frank

Re: Slide still standing

Postby im42n8 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:14 am

Hi Frank,

The slide transition is essentially irrelevant except to "transition" from one slide to the next. That is, when the viewing time of Slide A is over, there is a "transition" of some sort (for example, cross-fade) where Slide A begins to fade away from view and Slide B begins to fade into view. The transition (basically) does little more than that.

The content of the slide is what's important. So, after the slide has been transitioned into view the transition effect is over. Now, the slide time (the amount of time assigned to the slide) is what determines how long the viewer has to view the text/image(s).

Assuming your captions and/or images are not moving during the presentation of the slide (that is, are all basically static), your viewers should have no problem viewing the slide. When the slide has been viewed/played for the amount of time designated by the slide time, it will then "transition" to the next slide and the whole process starts over. This repeats for as many slides as the presentation has.

At the end of the presentation, it will play again from the beginning if you started the show by clicking on the "Loop All" option versus the "Play All" option (which only plays the presentation once).

Hope that gets you started!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Slide still standing

Postby pilotdan63 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:01 am

Frank . . . to add to the excellent description that Dale has just provided . . . if you want your slide to "stand still" long enough for people to read your text, just increase the amount of time on that slide to whatever it takes.

If you want to have your slide zoom in and then remain static for your text to be read you will need to play with Key Frames and/or add another copy of the same picture with an A/B transition between the two. On the first slide you will zoom-in and the second slide you will have the slide standing-still at the exact same amount of zoom-in and slide position as the first slide. This way your slide will zoom-in and then stand-still for whatever length of time you want it to have.

Good luck :wink:

Dan

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks