Coordinated Rotation Centers Demonstration

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Re: Coordinated Rotation Centers Demonstration

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:33 am

Dale, I'd have to go digging through the mountain of styles I've created, but I could swear I've used an outline on a masked photo somewhere in the heap. I wouldn't have used it if it hadn't worked, so now I'm wondering if you're referring only to this specific case. Are you?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Coordinated Rotation Centers Demonstration

Postby im42n8 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:24 am

I've used outlines on masked layers with limited success. The outside corners of the Producer outline are rounded and the inside are a fairly sharp corner. That disparity is often hard to look at. The PSP outline must take over part of the image itself (as in part on the image and off on its outer edge). If you duplicate an image (becomes layer 1) and then add an outline to the original (layer 2), you'll note that the outline doesn't look right when the slide is played (or scrubbed): sharp inner corners, rounded outer corners. Turn off layer 1 and the image w/outline looks fine. That could be part of the reason, too, why a masked image with an outline may show some of the outline through the mask.

I've used the outline a few times as well (probably with a corner vignette to match the outline). As a general rule tho, I rarely use them because of the lack of control over how they look.

If you used an outline on a masked image then you may also have treated the mask (size, outline, vignette ...?) to allow the outline to appear better through the mask. Yes, an outline on a masking layer becomes part of the mask too! :)

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Previous

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks