Reversing/Swapping Keyframes

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Reversing/Swapping Keyframes

Postby dklein10 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:03 am

Sometimes when I look at an effect, I think "maybe it looks better small to big instead of big to small", or "perhaps I should zoom in instead of zooming out." The easiest way to do this would be to flip the start and end keyframes. I have not seen a simple way to do this -- just the copy commands which don't appear to allow such a swap.

Is there a simple command to do this, or a reasonably basic work-around?

- David

Re: Reversing/Swapping Keyframes

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:37 am

There's no facility to do what you want, though many of us are right there with you in wanting it. Any number of times, I've wanted to run a slide backward after having run it forward so that, for instance, something opening will be followed by that same something closing.

Depending on the situation, if you have keyframe 2 and 3 and want to switch them, you might be able to add a keyframe after 3, copy the settings (using the Copy screen) from keyframe 2 to the new 4, and then delete keyframe 2. I haven't tried this, but it (theoretically) should work.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby dklein10 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:48 am

I'll try that trick next time.

This seems a conceptually easy modification to the program, especially as user-friendly as its components are. How do I submit this as a "requested feature"?

David

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:25 pm

There's a "Contact" button here: http://kb.photodex.com/

They don't have a special suggestions area, so this would have to be the place. The more of us who make the same suggestion to them, the more likely they are to keep it in mind.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Esteemed Member

Postby marjolijn1957 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:12 am

Interesting! I was just looking how to reverse a layer or a complete style. But ther is no such thing I understand.

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks