Appearing People

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Appearing People

Postby eyeguy23 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:58 am

I have seen a slide show awhile ago where a scene had a person suddenly appear and then disappear both seamlessly. I have taken a series of photos with people joining a group and wanted to put these photos together to create that same effect. Does anyone know what transition would create this without me trying several and playing with the time between slides?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Re: Appearing People

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:55 pm

A simple AB fade should do fine.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:57 pm

This may be more difficult than it seems.

First of all try using the cut transition if the person is to suddenly appear, or the A/B transition if they are to fade into place.

My first comment is because existing people in the group probably will have slightly moved as people enter the group. No one stands still or has the same expression on their face all the time. Also was the camera on a tripod so that does not move between shots? This will cause another problem.

Now Photoshop with the 'Edit/Align Layers' can get over the latter problem, and with an amount of selective cloning can help with the first problem, but you need to be fairly proficient with the program.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by briancbb on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:57 pm
This may be more difficult than it seems.

Good point. The group photos will have minute variations enough to be noticeable so not a good idea to use different overall group photos. I was envisioning the use of one group photo with the least number of people in it and then add cut out png images of the newcomer people on top to the sides in separate layers, using the AB to fade them into view.

Best not to crop the png files either else there can be trouble sizing them accordingly in relation to others in the scene when inserted in the slide. Best IMO to just remove everything around each person then save as a png without cropping.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby eyeguy23 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks for the input... I have some work to do now!

Joe

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks