Photo sliding down over text?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Photo sliding down over text?

Postby gimme5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:17 pm

I apologize for not being more clear - I recently saw someone's video (and now I can't find it, but was sure it was a graduation video) in which a photo slid down over text and as it slid down, it filled the text with the photo image.

It was a very cool effect - I 've tried to recreate it and for the most part, I think I've got it, but in the show I saw, the text seem to come up through the photo as it slid down and I can't for the life of me get it right.

If you are the person who had this effect, is there any way you would be willing to share how you did this?

Here is a not so great example of what I'm trying to do (I just chose a random photo - once i figure out I'll put a better photo in...). What I can't get is the text coming up "through the photo" as the photo slides down. I tried "cutting" the photo in two pieces, but I can't get the movement right - I am thinking I must be missing something.

http://www.photodex.com/share/gimme5/g44m9mg4

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I don't know why I can't find the original video to look at it for more inspiration (and if you are the creator of the effect, please let me know if I am making a faux pa by trying to reproduce it...I don't mean to offend anyone).

Thanks so much,
~julie

Re: Photo sliding down over text?

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Assuming what you showed in your demo was similar to what you want. This is a really basic outline to get what you want; you'll have to play a little with the timings.

Put your graphical text in layer 1 and your image in layer2. Duplicate layer 2
So, layer 1 is the image, layer 2 is the graphical text, and layer 3 has the original image.

Set the movement of layer 1 to pan down the screen from the top and so that when it gets to the top of the text, the zoom-y is 1 or 2 (keep zoom-x to 100%) (so you can see it as it moves across the "face" of the text).

Set a keyframe at the location where the bottom of the layer 1 image just hits the text. You set the keyframe to the time location where you want the bottom of the image to hit the text. Set another keyframe and adjust the image position such that the bottom of the image reaches the bottom of the text at that point. Note the distance between them. This is the distance that layer 3 will have to travel to keep pace with layer 1. Motion types of both layers should be the same.

Set Layer 2 as a mask of layer 3. Set the keyframes on layer 3 to match those of layer 1. The bottom of the image in Layer 3 should hit the top of the text at exactly the same time as the image in layer 1. The bottom of the image in layer 3 should reach the bottom of the text at the same time as the bottom of the image in layer 1 does too. If the total percent of the screen traveled for each is exactly the same from top of the text to the bottom, it should look like one is painting the other onto the text . . .

You can keep panning the images at this point too if you want.

Hope this helped.

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Photo sliding down over text?

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Some time ago, Debbie Green (debngar) did a tutorial on how to do what you are asking (several years ago if I remember correctly). I'll see if I can find it, but here is an example of (I think) what you are asking --
http://www.photodex.com/share/gpsmikey/ddk8bgg4

Here is the one Debbie did:
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=127032

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks