Copy a slide to anther show

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Copy a slide to anther show

Postby dave45000 » Sun May 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Is it possible to copy a slide from one show to another so I do not have to redo it. I know I have read something about this on here but cannot seem to find it now that I need to.
Thanks for your help

Re: Copy a slide to anther show

Postby cherub » Sun May 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Dave,

It is done pretty much like in any Windows application, by Select and then Copy and Paste
In your timeline, first you need to select your slide (or several slides) by standing with the mouse on it and pressing on [Ctrl].
After the selection, RIGHT Click on the slide and choose Copy - or do this by [Ctrl] C
The slide/s are being copied into the memory of your computer
Close your show.
Open a new show, or another show, and RIGHT click where you want your slide/s. Choose Paste or do this by [Ctrl] V

Hope this helps :D

Postby GabBill » Mon May 09, 2011 9:31 am

Hi,
I've seen PSP do some funky things when I copied a slide from one show to another. Don't know if they've fixed it.

What's happened to me when doing this...and it's not every time...is I find pictures from the source show randomly placed in the target show. It had nothing to do with the particular slide I copied. Really very random in the location and of the pictures.

When I reported this to photodex, they told they were aware of it and it's because the target show is using references for pictures from the source show.

Mona's instructions for copying and pasting are dead on. She usually is. But save a copy of your show before you do this.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Valued Member

Postby pja » Mon May 09, 2011 10:27 am

Some more advice on copy and pasting a show into a show.

Make sure the existing show is fine, meaning you are able to successfully create a dvd or iso of that show. If you can no, due to a bad file/image..etc., this will be harder to troubleshoot after you paste into a newer show.

Phil
Smile... why not! You are online and no one can see!

Postby tdew » Mon May 09, 2011 11:50 am

It's even easier if you create a project and put both shows into it. Then you can go back and forth easily and copy from one to the other.

Postby cherub » Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi tdew,

You are right, of course. A project is always easier to manage. I didn't want to mention this method above, because for a beginner, creating a project is a bit more complicated (and a bit more complicated to explain :D ).

Hi Bill,
Nice to hear from you :D

I've also noticed that slides that are pasted in a show, get placed a bit randomly. However, I never noticed that slides that were not selected were also copied and then pasted.
I don't know what version of Producer you are using now, but I think that in version 4.5 Photodex changed a bit the way in which images are being referenced, so it could very well be that this particular problem has been fixed.

Postby GabBill » Tue May 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi Mona,
It's nice to be heard. Hope you are well. Been really hectic here. But I haven't forgotten about all of you.:D

EDIT: Mona, the slides don't get misplaced. I was getting pictures in other slides being replaced by pictures from the source show. Then, when I changed them back to the right ones, the ones in the slide I copied would change. It was a real pain.

I'm using 4.51, 3003.

Yes, tdew, you can do a copy/paste within a project. But you're still going from one show to another. The behavior I mentioned is something I admittedly encountered in an older version of PSP v 4, though not sure how long ago. I can't say if they've fixed, because I just had so much frustration over it, I stopped trying. I wound up spending more time and effort chasing the ghost than building the slide from scratch.

It would be really great if they fixed it. It sure would be a tremendous time saver. If anyone has any more info, please share it.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP

Postby dave45000 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks for all the advice.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu May 12, 2011 8:39 am

GabBill wrote:Hi Mona,
It's nice to be heard. Hope you are well. Been really hectic here. But I haven't forgotten about all of you.:D

EDIT: Mona, the slides don't get misplaced. I was getting pictures in other slides being replaced by pictures from the source show. Then, when I changed them back to the right ones, the ones in the slide I copied would change. It was a real pain.

I'm using 4.51, 3003.

Yes, tdew, you can do a copy/paste within a project. But you're still going from one show to another. The behavior I mentioned is something I admittedly encountered in an older version of PSP v 4, though not sure how long ago. I can't say if they've fixed, because I just had so much frustration over it, I stopped trying. I wound up spending more time and effort chasing the ghost than building the slide from scratch.

It would be really great if they fixed it. It sure would be a tremendous time saver. If anyone has any more info, please share it.

Bill

Bill,
I think you are referring to the infamous "linking issue". Your pictures would wind up linked to other random pictures in your show. There are a couple of ways to break the link. Check a few links on the forum. If you need, I can look also.

Regards,

-Vernon

Postby GabBill » Fri May 13, 2011 8:52 am

Vernon,
I think you're right. I remember there was a template (Eagle Ray??) floating around a few years ago that used the "linking" sucessfully. It was pretty cool. But the only show I ever saw that used it.

I appreciate your offer of help searching for the thread, but there's no need for me. I just wanted to point this out as a caution for Dave, who originally posted this thread.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks